Green assessories

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sgt Blamo said:
PS.
My latest color scheme is something like this, Neon green, black w/ chrome and metalic purple. I've gotta get an airbrush though!
yeah i just brought 2 badger brushes, now I'm learnin to use them, it like a whole new hoby :))))

mikeburgin said:
yeah i just brought 2 badger brushes, now I'm learnin to use them, it like a whole new hoby :))))
Hey Mike post up some pics of your lids!!! I am goin to try and get an airbrush sometime. But I still need an engine first for the X5. LOL I am reading on airbrushing. pretty intimidating...

will do when there finished, thing with a can is you really dont care , with an air brush you can only blame your self if it looks crappy

mikeburgin said:
will do when there finished, thing with a can is you really dont care , with an air brush you can only blame your self if it looks crappy
true dat true dat. I tried once a few years back when I got the New then..XXT-CR. It was not pretty. I traded my PCR Pro to IMBROKEN and I am embarrassed to even have shipped my battered rattle can body.

Sorry eddy i just wasn't shure...

Actually, an Airbrush is a lot easier to use than you might think, I used to do Airbrushing on Waikiki beach on Oahu, HI. The most important thing is to have a good moisture trap, Properly thinned medium (Paint) and your pressure set right. Once I get my set up going I'll post any info I can to help. Feel free to email with any questions, however, it's been a while since I've used one, but it's kind of like shooting, once you learn it, it's easy to pick back up.

Sgt Blamo said:
Actually, an Airbrush is a lot easier to use than you might think, I used to do Airbrushing on Waikiki beach on Oahu, HI. The most important thing is to have a good moisture trap, Properly thinned medium (Paint) and your pressure set right. Once I get my set up going I'll post any info I can to help. Feel free to email with any questions, however, it's been a while since I've used one, but it's kind of like shooting, once you learn it, it's easy to pick back up.

I am just not sure on how to control the flow coming out. I need some tutolage on that and a hands on example. I have ideas in my head but nothing I can put down onto a lid.

jon2 said:
I am just not sure on how to control the flow coming out. I need some tutolage on that and a hands on example. I have ideas in my head but nothing I can put down onto a lid.
I've been playing with terminator walking outta flames on the bonet of my mugen, just need to find a good high gloss pick at the right size of terminator though, flames arent hard, black center and a deep orange down the side for visability,
you use a clear flexible glue to glue your closely cut picture were you want, cause i aint no artist, but theres a heap of guy out thrre that are, fade the picture with a dark purple or black with your air brush,
paint your flames starting with white in the centre fading to yellow then to orange, if you want it to go over a similar main body color, use black around the edges of the flames, for a bit of contrast, and walla, you have termintor walking outts flames,

this method works well but is not my idea
thanks has to go to this site http://www.rctech.net/articles/painting_hauntedmyst.shtml

y not just call it a body?

Ice said:
y not just call it a body?
cuz it is the "IN" thing to say...

I really don't know why but I have referred to them like that since someone said it here.

Hell, jon, just look at the lids I've done. If I can figure it out, I know you can. Just grab and airbrush and compressor. Go get some cheap ass paint and practice just doing goofy crap on cardboard or glass or something until you get the feel for the brush. It takes a little practice. But before you know it you'll have the hang of it.

I presume you have a double action. Fill your resovoir with water only and practice pressing dowm for your air flow and then pulling back slowly for you fluid. Pay special attention to how much mist you're able to make, practice going from tiny amounts of mist to hi-volume and back. Then do as Candyman said and get some large cardboard and practice making controled lines, starting and stopping. Then start making curves. Always work on technique first, then speed. It's very important to be able to "feather" the gun so you can blend in areas. Your lines should look smooth and even. Always practice on something you don't care about first. learn your air pressures that work best with the particular paint you'll be using. DON'T GIVE UP! Practice pays off!

Back