good .21-.24 truggy engine part racing part bashing? any sujestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parry

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys i have a ansman terrier with a .21 and the engine just doesn't have enough power so I'm asking you guys what is a good .21 racing and part bashing engine under $300:D

Hey Parry.
Which clubs were you planning to race at?
Both nitro clubs here require a .21 or .24/.25 only because most .28's wont last the race times, and the OS .25zx and the Trinity .24, which I believe is now Sirio .24 will give you the most power with good runtime.
Other than that the OS Speed II (worlds) is dynamite for a .21 or a bit cheaper is the VZB, which one hobby shop here in Perth still has a box full of them.
As for under $300 the answer is none of the above but it wouldn't cost too much more for the VZB or the OS .25 locally.
PM me if you want more localised info.

i was planning on racing at canning vale in w.a australia at radio rally club i think there 8 minute runs? so yea not really sure

Try an Alpha Plus. They make a killer .23 Truggy engine.

those 2 comments were abit to late i just payed $ for 3 chanel radio system, futaba servos, venom battery pack and a z.28r lrp engine but I'm not sure abou the fuel millage but is that good value and plus i got the truggy to with wheels and suspention all there?

The LRP 28R is a good engine. It gets really crappy fuel mileage...but it runs awesome and puts down some good power for sure. I have 3 of em broken down into parts here at the house. One of these days I'll put one back together....haha

Back