Gnss graph data

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zulu504

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
What should a optimum speed to acceleration graph look like, in other words where am I trying to get to? I have a stock Losi 22s.

IMG_2239.png

Ideally everything I would want to see a constant (flat) acceleration. Imagine if you pulled 1G off the line?

But your graph makes sense. The speed curve has just a bit of concave on the launch, then starts to level off. At the low end it's easier to change the speed (accelerate). As the speed increases it's harder to make it go faster which is why it tails off. You want the initial launch to be as steep as you can.

The bumps on the speed graph could be the resolution of the samples or maybe the tires are skipping? I've seen that on other graphs so "I think" it the resolution.

Ideally everything I would want to see a constant (flat) acceleration. Imagine if you pulled 1G off the line?

But your graph makes sense. The speed curve has just a bit of concave on the launch, then starts to level off. At the low end it's easier to change the speed (accelerate). As the speed increases it's harder to make it go faster which is why it tails off. You want the initial launch to be as steep as you can.

The bumps on the speed graph could be the resolution of the samples or maybe the tires are skipping? I've seen that on other graphs so "I think" it the resolution.
Thanks

Thanks

The bumps are in fact the resolution of the signal to satellite.

As far as acceleration goes, faster guys are pulling 2.5-3.5 gs, and speeds 75-90.

The profile won't change a lot for the acceleration. Electric motors have peak torque instantly, and it gradually tapers off with RPM's.

Looks like they finally fixed the graphs on those GNSS units with everything starting at 0.

Back