Glow Plug & Carb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the life on a glow plug? I have went through 3 on one tank of gas. Kept thinking my carb was out of adjustment glow plug wasn't working.

Now that I have it running I'm finding it hard to find the right set up on the carb to keep it running. It seems to be running rich. I've tried leaning it out but I still dont seem to have a good idle speed. Will usually have to give it a little gas to keep it running. Or after I was running it wide open it would die when went to slow down. Only have 3 tanks through this Traxxas 3.3 (was used). Rookie to this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

This glow plug lasted through two tanks. I think the tank is 150 cc.

alright just ran another tank through it tried adjusting high end and idle but still would die on me and not keep an idle unless was holding on the gas a little bit. It seems like if I just open it all the way up to it will take a second or two to take off. I don't know if that's normal or what it would have to do with.

yeah that helped alot. I had to turn the low idle in about 3 turns. Is running pretty good still have to give it a little gas to start but will idle now. And I can actually use the brakes without killing it. Prolly could use a few more fine adjustments.

---------- Post added at 3:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:57 PM ----------

What's a good life for a glow plug though?

good ;) youll get the hang of it ;) ...i have to give my 3.3 a bit of throttle to start it to sometimes ..turning the throttle trim all the way up helps a bit for that

glow plugs can last 5 minutes like they can last months ..but with a good tune , they last pretty long ....to lean , and you will burn it pretty fast and to rich , you will foul it

Thanks everyone for all the help. Going to take it out for another run or two tonight then I'm going to be taking it apart and sealing it up. I wanted to get it running decent-good before I did that. I also had to wait on my green slime.

Does anyone know how hard it is to change the pivot balls and caps on a slayer? They should be in sometime tomorrow. If anyone has a link that'd be great. Another stupid ? How long does the gas usually last when running it? I never timed it but it seemed like I was going through gas fast. Could it have been all the starting & dying while I got it adjusted?

i will get about 15 to 20 minutes with my 3.3 ( if i remember good ) depending on what kind of driving I'm doing ...my wasp .26 drinks fuel about twice as fast ..lol

Ic I didn't know if it was just mine or what that was around how long it lasted.....Now I tried to start it a few hours after running it and doesn't even want to try to start....Checked the glow plug still gets red it is getting fuel. Geuss I'm back to start tuning again tomorrow...Wishing I'd of just bought a new one.

Well when I was putting everything back together I noticed my where my fuel line connects to carb turns. I tried to tighten it up but it seemed to be stripped. Took motor back out so I could get to carb easier and sure enought it was. Could see the plastic threads in the bolt into the carb. I looked for a part number on the carb on the slayer 5908 but couldn't find it on there. I'm guessing that is where alot of my problems are coming from. But will any carb for a traxxas 3.3 work? I don't want to order the wrong one. Would ebay be a good place to buy one?

Back