Gas for Baja 5B?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanzo

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Where do u get gas for this? Just go to local gas station? Do u have to buy a gallon tank?

Yes at the gas station. No to sure what you mean by the 2nd question but you should buy a gas can... at least a gallon one or a 5 gallon one if you fell the need. You will want a gas can so you can mix the 2 cycle oil with the gas and have the right ratio

So you just pump it yourself into the can? Sounds good to me. Can u tell me the cost of the 5B with maintenance?

You just use a gas can... the type you use when you need to fill your lawn mower, leaf blower, snow thrower.... That is the type of gas can that you want. I am sure someone out there has taken there 5B to the pump and filled it up that way, Please dont do that, not only will you be limited to one take of gas and your 2cycle oil would be off. I

I dont own a 5B I really wish I had the money for something like that but I can't afford it right now. I am sure maintenance on it is different from user to user. This is because not everyone runs them for the same length of time or as hard.

hanzo said:
So you just pump it yourself into the can? Sounds good to me. Can u tell me the cost of the 5B with maintenance?

Sounds good. I am really interested in this, and for 909 shipped is not bad. I have a nitro 3 and a savage and going to this. Anyone else have comments?

Well I have a Baja and I've had more fun with it than all my other rc's. But It does have a few drawbacks. I go thru shock shafts like they are made of paper. They seem to break really easy. There was a problem with the rims rubbing on the control arm but I believe HPI has addressed that problem. The front of the chassis keeps bending on me and I'm afraid one day its just gonna break. As far as gas goes I run the cheap stuff..87 octane. If you get a big engine then you might need some better fuel. Get the Baja and you wont regret it

I love my Baja......I run 92 octane in it and the only probs I've had were the rear tires shredding. BUT, I run mostly on pavement so thats my problem. I did have a problem with the rear wheels rubbing but I got the new updated wheels, which should be on all the new ones by now, and haven't had that problem since. As far as breaking parts, I've not broken anything on mine.............yet......LOL........

get one, you won't be dis-appointed....

-Nitro

awesome car. after i bought my baja, ail my other cars sit on the shelf since then. the only problem i have is to find place to play, and this one doesn't afraid of any kind of condition. i had it once covered 98% with mud and grass and all kind of dirty stuffs, it still running like a ch

Someday you'll think back and just laugh to yourself. Why didn't I get this thing sooner??

The Baja is just so much fun to drive that it is a whole new experience. It handles great is really rugged and will surprise you with the ability to go just about anywhere. What are you waiting for?