fuel filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justamattd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone use a fuel filter between the exhaust and fuel tank? I've read it helps cool it helping power... I dunno how much is true.. I've also read and seen people using really long tubing for this line ( they say on the ntc3 a short one can lead to too much pressure in the tank causing it to be hard to start and different issues ) though I have a short one I wrap it around the fuel line (keeps it off the motor) and I don't have any problems .. the filter seems like a good idea, at the least it would prevent anything from being blown into the tank.... I've just ordered one for the fuel line (never used one before ) just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.???

It doesn't really do anything for the exhaust side.

Put one in and lengthened my exhaust tube .. Well see..

I don't see how that will help any imo it will hurt the tune

transmited from a mobile communications device

I only did it like many others i've seen.. I had mine really short.. I've read that will cause too much pressure in the fuel tank.. seems to start easier but I haven't ran it yet

---------- Post added at 9:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:24 AM ----------

I didn't put filter on exhaust line just the fuel line

I only did it like many others i've seen.. I had mine really short.. I've read that will cause too much pressure in the fuel tank.. seems to start easier but I haven't ran it yet

---------- Post added at 9:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:24 AM ----------

I didn't put filter on exhaust line just the fuel line

Oh it sounded like you were going put one on the exaust side,lol,.. yes a fuel filter is a good idea

Nah.. I read somewhere someone talking about using one there ... Didn't make much sense to me either ... May have been someone that sales inline fuel filters !

Lmao,what filter did u end up using