front and rear diffs

• Thread starter Carlos Aguilar Garcia
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Aguilar Garcia

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, got another question for all of ya, what would change if i switch to lighter or heavier oil in my diffs in my storm??? sorry to ask dumb questions but i want to clear out my doubts....

i beleive lighter oil is for low traction tracks and a heavier oil is for tracks with a lot of traction. lighter oil means less tire spin.

madnking said:
i beleive lighter oil is for low traction tracks and a heavier oil is for tracks with a lot of traction. lighter oil means less tire spin.

Heavier oil will "lock" the two sides of what is essentially still an open diff and thus there is less chance of an unloaded wheel spinning.

hmmm...... i think both replies are contradicting themselves, if i am wrong please clear out my doubt.... thanks for your advice...

heavier oils will lock diffs. 1000 wt will let the tires spin freely, if you have 1000 in all your diffs and one tire is off the ground then that one tire will spin freely. If you use 10,000 then the tires will spin together, one tire off the ground won't make much of a difference they will all spin. Did this help? or just confuse you more?

oh okay.... thanks vbganon that helped clear out my doubts... :smoke:

Back