Finally in the 1/8 buggy group! (dial up warning, pics)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plaidfish said:
it feels like I'm setting up a real race car....

That is because you are. LOL!!! Just 1/8 scale. :jk:

If you like that MBX-5, then you might like this one.

It is an MBX-5 Prospec with an OS MAX VZB, and a JP-1 pipe. I'll get back to you an the set up sites. I know I had a link somewhere??????

another showoff.....well screw you guys and your fancy cars......oh wait I got one too...can anyone please tell me why I can't post pics in the thread...I tried uploading to my gallery here then doing the insert photo and pasting the path name to the pic and it still just comes up w/ a link instead of a pic...WTF am I doing wrong?

olds97_lss said:
Hey guys!

Just bought a buggy off fisherman. Not a $700 racer, but a 1/8 buggy none-the-less. It's cool to me. And it was only $100 shipped! Not sure if that's good or bad, but it seems good to me. Only issues are worn tires.

HB Lightning

Here's a few pics of it before I throw an engine and some electronics in it:
2005-0318-HBBuggyBody.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyBody02.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyBottom.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyFront.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyRear01.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyRear02.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyReceiver.JPG

Nice buggy!

Plaidfish said:
another showoff.....well screw you guys and your fancy cars......oh wait I got one too...can anyone please tell me why I can't post pics in the thread...I tried uploading to my gallery here then doing the insert photo and pasting the path name to the pic and it still just comes up w/ a link instead of a pic...WTF am I doing wrong?

I use http://imageshack.us/ to host my pics, and I wasn't trying to show off, just share.

Plaidfish said:

I thought you had that all figured out in the testing forum?

no...I tried inserting images from my gallery here and it still doesn't seem to work

nice buggy, is pretty mucha sacker non pro, you will have a fare bit of cheap fun with that baby and be competive in a rave

mikeburgin said:
nice buggy, is pretty mucha sacker non pro, you will have a fare bit of cheap fun with that baby and be competive in a rave

hear that olds, sounds like you better call up bighomedog for some of his glow sticks :hypno: :music: :hypno:

CorradoPsi said:
hear that olds, sounds like you better call up bighomedog for some of his glow sticks :hypno: :music: :hypno:
lol ooops ok I'm tired its been a hard week dealing with all you yanky fullas that want to catch our fish, not quite sure how that one slipped through though

hey fish boy. ever hear of a fly rod company called Golden Witch?

BOWTIE1 said:
i dotn knwo how to resixe it tell me and i will... thanks

jon2 what u got on oyurs?

Take Olds up on his offer to resize.

I have it almost to prospec version.

Front and rear tension braces with aluminum Rear tension brace holder.

Front and Rear Prospec towers. I am currently looking for uprights and maybe the engine mount.

I have yet to run the thing. I know I know its a crime but I am currently doing the savage thing now. I have no engine for it as I am debating which to get. I may get the FR27 or I may just get the OS Vspec. EIther way it will run come spring and summer. I have all my electronics on it, even the 6V 2500 Mah RX pack.

Hey Olds,
If you feel the need I think you can upgrade all the way to any of the Lightning Pro 2 parts. Here is a pic of mine before I traded it off so you can see the differances.

CorradoPsi said:
hey fish boy. ever hear of a fly rod company called Golden Witch?
nope, sounds like a small off beat company that makes custom rods

Ever been slapped by an Ugly Stick?

CorradoPsi said:
ok just curious. I'm stuck making some crazy titainium ferrules for them at work now.
www.goldenwitch.com
HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
are they sprung so they bend like a spring and bounce back
if they are there patented to Loomis
ummmm I'm telling
lol

nope, they are made to very tight tolerances so that the rod can be broken down into 2-3 pieces. the fit is so tight that it wont come apart when you cast due to the suction in the fit. hand fitted to about .00005" PITA.

CorradoPsi said:
nope, they are made to very tight tolerances so that the rod can be broken down into 2-3 pieces. the fit is so tight that it wont come apart when you cast due to the suction in the fit. hand fitted to about .00005" PITA.
Funny that they would use the style of ferule when they are normally just stregnhtened composite with no steel join anymore

Back