Finally in the 1/8 buggy group! (dial up warning, pics)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he had a track I'd agree w/ that but w/o a real course to run on the buggy will be fun but for feilds and construction sites it probably won't be as fun as the basher setups........maybe you can get a track going locally....the buggy is just too cool man....the front brace will save a lot of wear on it too....keep the chassis from folding....

nice buggy and great price man I'm getting a mbx from birdy next week.. so ill be in tha buggy brigade to.. ima need some stuff for it so maby the great members of rcnt will go through there junk box and hook me up on some good prices.. i will need 1 maby 2 servos.. a header and a motor.. the motor has to be big block style, thats all it will take.. anyone got any motors?? doesn't have to be new but it good working order.. .21 or .25 ish.. under 80 bucks?? also need a header if you got it.. oh yea and a wind and mount (shouldnt be hard to find that..) ill post pics of it when i get it and put it all together..

Plaidfish said:
If he had a track I'd agree w/ that but w/o a real course to run on the buggy will be fun but for feilds and construction sites it probably won't be as fun as the basher setups........maybe you can get a track going locally....the buggy is just too cool man....the front brace will save a lot of wear on it too....keep the chassis from folding....

We do have a track locally, well its kind of pathetic. www.ajsraceway.com

Olds you gotta go run it on the track.....that is what it's meant for...

Sometimes it's more fun to do what things aren't meant for...

I'm sure I'll get some run time out of it. There's a highway refinery that is nice and flat with lots of piles of crap that should prove to be fun. Also, there's a few parks to run in with a lot of undulations to run over while slaloming through trees.

Kinda looks like my old one, o wait it is, lol!

Man i missed this thread lol, just read through it lol, hope she purs like a kitty for ya, lol that was gay but o well.

Carnt go wrong with a lightning mate... :smoke: I've got a Sav4.6 and a SavSH28, And they get left at home while my Lightning comes out to play.. :hammer:
Cheers Andy

Lightning1 said:
Carnt go wrong with a lightning mate... :smoke: I've got a Sav4.6 and a SavSH28, And they get left at home while my Lightning comes out to play.. :hammer:
Cheers Andy
\
What a crime! I make sure to take all my RC's that I can. My last bash, I took my PCR Pro ( soon to be IMBROKEN's ), My TMaxx, My XXX-NT,. At one point I had my Tmaxx, XXX-NT, PCR PRO, Storm Pro, Storm RTR AND my Mini-t. I have had bigger bigger but that onbe bash I actually used all of them. Let me tell you that my repair bill was one ugly bastard. nonetheless Fun as always!

That looks like a cool track. I like that you can run on road, and off road at the same place. Are Fri. and sat. all day practice on all tracks? Run all my cars in the same day, and not have to drive from track to track! That would be a good day, and maybe worthy of a road trip. What part of Illinois is Dekalb? How many people show up on Sat. usually?

I have no idea, but the off-road track is closed during the winter and then it's electric on-road carpet running only.

Dekalb is northern IL about 60 miles west of chicago and about 40 miles south of the wisconsin border.

2005-0319-DekalbMap.jpg

I have zero interest to run at a track though. It's bad enough to suck at driving when your alone, but to suck at it in front of others... this is a hobby anyway.

BTW, I ran my buggy... it's AWESOME! I had no idea the turning radius was so small. It almost drives itself! But then my fingers got numb and I noticed a few things I need to adjust.

This thing is going to be a blast!

Glad you liked it. I wouldn't think of a road trip until summer, or fall. You should try out the track sometime. I bet you'll find others that suck there as well. LOL!!! Maybe even me! Check out my sucky times at my first, and sofar only race.

http://crcrc.com/results/20042005/NITRO02262005.htm

I did finish, which I was excited about, but the times weren't mach to brag about. I started 9th, and finished 7th in the buggy C main.

I'm glad u got it runnina and like it alot, I'm sure it will be awesome

glad to hear your havin fun with it Olds. I'm very close to entering the buggy scene myself.... can't wait :)

I'm still learning how the Chassis setup on these is so sensitive to how it drives.....it feels like I'm setting up a real race car.....anyone have a good source for set up stations on Buggies?..I'm getting tired of the calipers and all that crap....I just want to be able to set it and forget it.....Olds did you make it spin in place yet? I still get a kick out of doing that......

No. The camber of the rear tires is all off and things rub (or run damn close) to the inner side of the rear rims. Also, the tires are BALD!!! But it was still fun. I also have the brake bias all goofed up. I had to mess with the linkage quite a bit to remove binding after I installed my servo's and engine. I like things to at least function flawlessly before I start beating the crap out of it. Then I can tell when things are wrong, when I know I start out perfect (or as close as "I" can get it).

Since I don't know squat about buggies and setup, it's all new territory for me and trial/error will prevail. Also, reading about what other guys do will help I'm sure.

Since the temp dropped for 49 to 31 in the hour I was out, the engine was running poopy and my fingers were numb, so I shut her down. I spent the morning redoing the brakes on my mercury, so I spent a couple hours sitting on damp, cold concrete. Then the hour this afternoon in wet, damp, rainy, cold weather. Now I have a wretched sore throat... but it was damn fun!

NOTE:Just to keep the air clear, I knew the tires were bald when I bought it and fisherman didn't leave anything out of his description of the item being sold, whether it was good or bad.

ooooosp sorry for so big... its a mbx-5 with p5 on it and crazy nut head

nice rig Bowtie.. but please to help others view it resize down to 640 X 480.

I have the same rig close to the prospec version but a lot cheaper!

i dotn knwo how to resixe it tell me and i will... thanks

jon2 what u got on oyurs?

Back