finally good luck /w sirio .27

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junglboy_152000

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
how long should it take to break in a motor? MINE TOOK ME 1-WEEK............................

I have had so much bad luck lately, i think god hates me. I go to put in my sirio .27, i took out my stock motor and broke the clutch springs, over to lhs. I put in the sirio .27, go to fire it up, first pull , the pull-start cord snapped..........then i realized my dog was mauling on my glow-stick ignitor...... back to lhs. i got about 2 tanks through, and my hump pack battery died, found out the connector was corroaded.. charged it up, went to go put it back in and the wire on my reciever for my radio SNAPPED:doh:
I decided to go all out and put in a mx-3 so i could control my other trucks to with it but damn that motor swap sucked..... hard core, but the rewards are great, i will have pics soon. My savage will pull wheelies with less then quarter throttle now, i am so paranoid i will break something else so i have been takin it easy(VERY HARD). As a test i put on my t-maxxes ofna monster pirate tires, IT STILL pulls wheelies with easeeeeeee. Anyone else got a sirio. 27 in there savage?:fro:

how do u break in an engine an wut duz it do for da engine?:n00bie: :n00bie:

things you need to get get since you have a Sirio 27

-Heavy Duty center drive shafts
-Heavy Duty Cup Joints
-Heavy Duty Cup Joints
-Heavy Duty Dog Bones
-RRP Spur Gear
-Aluminum Brake Hub
-Upgraded Braking system

Optional:

Rebuild Diff (recommended)
Heavy Duty Gear Set (don't forget to put grease)

I am sure you can get all this since you have a $400 engine..

I presonally don't have this engine.. I have a WASP 26 and I've replaced all the stocks ones with these...

Last edited:
:breakdown aight thanx for the info

:constipat

I do not own a Savage but I have one in my Mutant Maxx. It's got wicked balls on it. It will smoke my Picco 26. My break in took forever. Not a lot of free time over the past month.
TRD is right about rebuilding the drive train. It's got enough torque to demolish most stock parts. I'm not sure about the Savages diffs but if the are anything like the T Maxxes they won't last.
It just about shredded my Ofna starter box wheel trying to get it started the first few tanks.

well the reason most people like the savage is because there stock tranny/drive train is very strong out of the box. has mostly aluminum gears in the tranny and has dogbones. One of the first things i did was put some CVD's on the rear and throw some heavy duty dogbones on the front cause those were the first parts i was blowing. I losened up my slipper clutch abit and now its fine. Pulls wheelies like a mo-fo, i need a wheelie bar badly.

Back