fastest

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok what about more of an off road rc though but that things crazy i jus looked it up

For off road I think the Savage Flux HP. It is a heavy MT that can hit about 65mph on 6s lipo. The Nitro Jato 3.3 can do about the same.

Yeah the flux or e revo brushless. The flux may have a speed advantage due to the ballooning tires.

With complete honesty it depends on how lazy or involved you want to be with your hobby. Electrics are alot easier to get/keep running and cleaner to run as well. Nitros require alot more "tweaking" to get running perfect but alot of us enjoy that wrenching aspect of the hobby. Its more of a personal question than what we would recommend as much as how much work/time do you want to invest in the hobby. Personally NITRO'S RULE!!!! But thats me

Electric vs. Nitro is all abotu personal preference. that being said the fastest MT I can think of is the Savage Flux. The Jato is also really fast but its a stadium truck. Theres actually quite a few but those are two that spring to mind. Pretty much anything that runs on 6S Lipo will be fast.

I wouldn't recommend one over the other. Like greywolf and Phinsfan said it's about personal preference and just how much hands on you want to be. I prefer nitro myself even though I know that brushless is faster less maintenance and cleaner. I guess it depends on wether you're a gearhead or a geek. Gearheads prefer nitro because of the sound and smell of burning nitro. Geeks prefer brushless electrics because of the technology that goes into programing ESCs and using lipos and such. I like nitro because to me it seems more realistic and because every turn of the screwdriver has a direct effect on how my rig performs. Plus I just love the sound and smoke and the smell of burning nitro in the air.

I personally prefer nitro. The reason I am in this hobby is not because I wanna run my rc car up to 100 mph, or race it. I love all the mechanical parts and the sound of the nitro engine. I like to see my car to be clean rather than getting a number one on the local track.

dont forget, getting up to 100 is not easy. but getting back down to 0 with out crashing isnt easy eather. not that i have done it, it just makes since.

With complete honesty it depends on how lazy or involved you want to be with your hobby. Electrics are alot easier to get/keep running and cleaner to run as well. Nitros require alot more "tweaking" to get running perfect but alot of us enjoy that wrenching aspect of the hobby. Its more of a personal question than what we would recommend as much as how much work/time do you want to invest in the hobby. Personally NITRO'S RULE!!!! But thats me

x2,its nitro for me,working on them is the fun part!!

I love both nitro and electric as they are both fun and somewhat unique in their own way but I prefer nitro over electric in the long run. I love the realism and the fact that a gallon of nitro fuel gives me alot more run time than 3 or 4 lipo battries :)

I like nitro and wont ever really buy an electric for serious bashing.. only electric i own is a mini t for just indoor driving when i dont wanna get my whole set up for nitro...

But nowadays electrics are faster... i mean electric is just owning the industry right now and i dont think nitro will be able to make a comeback. But i still love nitro and everything about it.. i love tuning, i love rebuilding, i love the smell, the sound, the smoke... with electric its sort of a not so mechanical sitchuation.... and when you gas it and dont hear it rev it sort of bugs me. But yeah i mean with electric for racing its starting to own, i mean you can create much better CG and have everything very low.

Still.. ill love nitro forever.

I enjoy the company of both. It's actually very strange but I feel the need to buy an electric if I buy a nitro, or, if I buy a nitro rig I need another electric rig. I guess you could say I like my rc's like I enjoy my breakfast, well balanced! :p:

my next car will most likly be electric i wish brushless revos were cheaper but as of right now I'm looking into duratax evader and team associated cause they seem super fast if u put a lipo in them and there real cheap to any suggestions

after spending decades around drag racing i know ONE thing , "theres allways someone faster"