fastest

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after spending decades around drag racing i know ONE thing , "theres allways someone faster"
IDK man....you ever seen how fast Rolex can push his RCs around the living room floor?! Thats hard to beat right there!!!

It's hard to push rc cars around with a cane:rolex: , but the sounds he makes with his mouth would lead you to believe you're at the track!

With complete honesty it depends on how lazy or involved you want to be with your hobby. Electrics are alot easier to get/keep running and cleaner to run as well. Nitros require alot more "tweaking" to get running perfect but alot of us enjoy that wrenching aspect of the hobby. Its more of a personal question than what we would recommend as much as how much work/time do you want to invest in the hobby. Personally NITRO'S RULE!!!! But thats me

Agreed. I perfer nitro. For me that easier and its more realistic. For others electric is easier. And it depends on how much you want to work on it.

It's hard to push rc cars around with a cane:rolex: , but the sounds he makes with his mouth would lead you to believe you're at the track!

those aren't coming from his mouth. . . .:p::p::p::p:

i used to say there is no such thing as fastest, but not any more.

Not only is the sound great, but the smell of exhaust makes you wish you were at a REAL track. :D

It brings more tears to my eyes than an enclosed space with a nitro motor running.

The majority of the fastest vehicles in each category are all currently brushless electrics. I have nothing against nitro rigs, but all other things being equal, the brushless equipped rig will have more power every time. And that's what I like is the raw instant power with no waiting for a nitro engine to come on the pipe, etc. The one exception for me is gassers, I really enjoyed my baja a lot.

Last edited:
I have to agree with your statement, HPIGuy. Brushless has the raw power off the line, but I love seeing my Baja doing 40+ mph.

i wouldn't recommend one over the other. Like greywolf and phinsfan said it's about personal preference and just how much hands on you want to be. I prefer nitro myself even though i know that brushless is faster less maintenance and cleaner. I guess it depends on wether you're a gearhead or a geek. Gearheads prefer nitro because of the sound and smell of burning nitro. Geeks prefer brushless electrics because of the technology that goes into programing escs and using lipos and such. I like nitro because to me it seems more realistic and because every turn of the screwdriver has a direct effect on how my rig performs. Plus i just love the sound and smoke and the smell of burning nitro in the air.

+1 :D " I love the smell of nitro (napalm) in the morning"

I don't own a brushless but I do own each of the powerplants so to speak. So I'll break it down like this: The gasser is just plain fun and 45 minutes out of a tank of gas that cost less than 2 bucks is awesome. The nitros are nice because it allows me to tinker and also be more involved due to listening to the sound of the engine and temping it. When I feel lazy I'll bring out the electrics for the convience. I will say that a flux will probably smoke my XL but i don't race so each there own.

Thats it srusinek +1.....They are apple and oranges. Nitros are awesome in their own right and hold a special place in my heart because I love the realism but OMG does Brushless power make me happy in my pants! Nitro can't compete with brushless in instant raw on demand power but thats not the point of nitro IMO. Thats why I own both. I dont own a big gasser yet but i hope to one day and I'm sure I'll love that too!

Electric vs. Nitro is all abotu personal preference. that being said the fastest MT I can think of is the Savage Flux. The Jato is also really fast but its a stadium truck. Theres actually quite a few but those are two that spring to mind. Pretty much anything that runs on 6S Lipo will be fast.

You got that right Greywolf! :)

I have 2 MP 7.5 buggies one brushless one Nitro, when I first converted the one to brushless I put a Tekin 1400kv/ RX8 and a 6S Thunder Power Lipo in, all I can say is I was in for quite a suprise:D Talk about low end torque, and power. Just messing around in our driveway and street I wore out a set of tires on one charge!:( LOL.. Last year when I converted one of the buggy's to brushless that was pretty much all I used, but after updating my Nitro buggy from a 10 year old entry level OS to a Werks B6 Pro/ Buku Clutch combo I'm happy to say my faith in Nitro is back! Can't wait for summer to get here...
Pete

"push rc cars around with a cane" well i tried it like that , but keep falling over. "Agreed. I perfer nitro" but wheres the alcohol, i need a drink.