F-ing Gas Prices!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right before gas prices went up. i got a Ford Exploder gas milege sucks. now for just a week of gas i'm spending about $45. if i still had my 626 it would be $45 every two weeks if that!!!

lil' lightning said:
right before gas prices went up. i got a Ford Exploder gas milege sucks. now for just a week of gas i'm spending about $45. if i still had my 626 it would be $45 every two weeks if that!!!

Well, for you it was the blue Easy Bake Oven, or the Green Monster which drinks gas. I swear this thing gets like 15MPG. It's rated for 21! :shrug:

I'm with Eddy, I don't look. I need gas I put it in. My car requires premium, but in one respect it sits at the hangar for a good bit of the time when I'm gone. My wife works from home so her SUV sits in the garage. What torques my screw is when the damn news clowns say we can expect to see $3+ per gallon...well just go ahead and give them the fuckin green light why don't ya.

BTW, for us nitro guys, you all realize we spend about $25 or so a gallon for fuel right? LOL

RatzoRC said:
I was on dead empty today and have a 35 gallon tank on my work van.
$94.00 @ 2.69 per gallon.

I fill up every other, or every third day.
So it costs my boss $2-$250.00 a week in gas.
We have 45 company vans.
Thats roughly $11,000.00 a week in gas or $44,000 a month.
Thats frickin insane!!! I can't see how they can even still make money! Holy cow. Another benefit from working from home I guess. I just got a insurance renewal thing, and it went down 25% because I put under 450 miles on in a 6 month time..lol.. I just filled my tank too. I can't even remember the last time I did that, but poop, it was like $40!! Good thing it lasts me a long time..lol

Yup, that's why I don't let the gas get below 1/2 tank. Just makes me feel better.

I waited 3 days hoping the price will goes down a bit. Hell, today I have no choice because I see "DTE 2 miles". There you go, 50 bucks gone.

Well better than towing my car to nearest gas station :D

jetmechG550 said:
I'm with Eddy, I don't look. I need gas I put it in. My car requires premium, but in one respect it sits at the hangar for a good bit of the time when I'm gone. My wife works from home so her SUV sits in the garage. What torques my screw is when the damn news clowns say we can expect to see $3+ per gallon...well just go ahead and give them the fuckin green light why don't ya.

BTW, for us nitro guys, you all realize we spend about $25 or so a gallon for fuel right? LOL

I just wish my gas in my 1:1 lasted me a month like $25 worth of nitro.

I said it once already..here it is again. You aint seen nothing yet. Fill up now!!!!!!

really makes you want to steal a tanker and park it somewhere with a gigantic tarp to cover it. Damn, I remember like 4 months or so ago I won $100 free gas off of the radio. I was greatful then, that sure would come in handy right about now.

You did? what station did you win it on?

104.1 It was a shell card. Sucked because I had to drive to Westheimer to get it.

here in Mn. we have a comnpany called First Fuel Banks, where its a pre pay tyoe thing where you can get in a locked price. My old roomate locked in 4000 gallons at 96.9 cents, so up until sometime in mid jan. He was still using his card where he was locked in at that. Must have been nice. I wished I had the dough to do that back then, but who the hell has 4g's laying around to buy gas?? Well he didnt have to pay for gas for like 2 1/2 years.

We're around $2.75 in CT for Premium/Super, the best one, whatver you want to call it.

Geez, just ran some numbers.

I have to go to a family reunion in a couple of months and we are taking the DP motorhome. It averages about 6 mpg, sometimes more if I take it easy. The route is 1423 miles (per Mapquest). At 3.00/gal for diesel, that is 712.00 each way or roughly 1425.00 roundtrip. Yikes! Better make sure I bring the discount gas card.

See? When you look at it in that perspective, it really hits home. And the price of Regular here jumped 4 cents overnight!

2.55 for the cheap stuff here. Thats what I run with no problems. 185k miles and counting. Runs as good as the day I got it!

i wanna know when we are finally gonna start charging Iraq for us being there and take payment in oil. never thought id say that, but damn, this has gotta stop!

Hey, VB, don't the Feds give you a truck?

The barrel of crude cracked $65 this week, up another 60 cents yesterday to move it to another all time high. It's weighing on everything. No immediate end to upward pressure in sight. It won't take much more to push a gallon of regular up around $3.00.

My pickup gets about 13 city and 16 on the highway and 10 miles per gallon when we tow our travel trailer. It's costing me about $60 each time to fill it up.

Get used to these prices. We doubt that they will change significantly before the next round of increases.

I wish! The border patrol gets their on truck, but customs doesn't. In Long Beach we used g-rides, but we don't have anywere to go up here...

Back