Ever hear of "Geocaching" ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently purchased a Garmin handheld GPS for hunting, and while searching the net for software I came across Geocaching..
After reading up on this hobby at Geocaching.com, I thought about possibly taking my son out for some treasure hunting... :)
I was just curious if anyones ever tried it....

Wow.. funny you should say that..

Just on the news today there was a guy that found what he thought was a human bone on one of those geocaching trips!

EDIT

From what I've heard about it(not much) it does sound like a lot of fun!

Last edited:
i have tryed geoching and we did one that haddn't been checked in 2 years so we couldn;t find it. i also go hunting and we have a hand held gps. I'm going hunting this weekend.

have fun geocaching if u decide to go

i have tryed geoching and we did one that haddn't been checked in 2 years so we couldn;t find it. i also go hunting and we have a hand held gps. I'm going hunting this weekend.

have fun geocaching if u decide to go

Good luck... I'm going to pick up my license this weekend... I got a nice trip planned for a week in the Catskills just before Thanksgiving... can't wait...
I just picked up the Garmin 60CSX and TOPO 2008. Tracking deer can get ya lost rather quickly, especially when it's snowing...

I haved heardof this.....I have yet to pick up a good GPS. I have one of those micrsloth ones that hooks to my notebook......but it is not very handy in the woods...

The treasures are no more than some $1 store items, a log book and maybe some trackable coins and other travel bugs that can be watched over the internet. It has definitely peeked my interest as something I can do with my 8yr old... He'd love it.. :)

A few of my friends do it here. It's a pretty simple diversion. But it's an excellent way to get out and do things. We have a big nature preserve here that has a few miles of trails and I hear there are a handful of caches in the park. So I've been thinking of picking up a GPS and checking it out.

I've done it quite a bit. There's a state park fairly close to us that we go to alot and hike around and also camp. Believe it or not my daughter who when we started was only four really had fun along with my wife. I think my daughter liked it cause of the little trinkets and such you find. I'll grab the link for one for one of the websites I use that has coordinates for caches in your area and then you get on there too and log the find and stuff. Watch out for Mugglers though!!!!!

Good luck... I'm going to pick up my license this weekend... I got a nice trip planned for a week in the Catskills just before Thanksgiving... can't wait...
I just picked up the Garmin 60CSX and TOPO 2008. Tracking deer can get ya lost rather quickly, especially when it's snowing...

thanks but the i got this after we went lol.

We saw one partridge....he got away. :(

I'm hunting partridge by the way lol.

we did see some deer and moose. I'm going deer hunting next weekend.

T I didn't know you are shooting now... you need a varmint Rifle ??
Eagle-Arms_AR-15_800x600_.jpg

One of my buddy's and I got stopped one night on the way out to hunt coyotes with AR-15's, the DNR officer was like you know they aren't that big and we were like yeah, but did you ever see what a .223 does to their skull???

I'm an excellent shot with an AR-15 up to 125 yards!

-Michael