ESC Junk????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was attempting to repair my oldest sons Evader ext and seem to be having a problem with the ESC. It would work (occasionally) but only reversed. Its not the reversing switch on the controller. I even went as far as to switch motors out and same thing. Any starting point I can look at?

I usually just start swapping out parts for known good ones for testing purposes until I track down the piece that is malfunctioning.

I started with the motor as I have plenty of brushed 1's lying around. I swapped the motor and had instant power. Problem was I didnt really benchtest it and reassembled completely just to see that it only worked backwards (reversed) I hit the switch on the TX and it got worse so I switched it back. He has a LRP ESC so I switched it for a XL5 I had lying around and it appears the XL5 is junk to cause it does the same thing..........................??

I started with the motor as I have plenty of brushed 1's lying around. I swapped the motor and had instant power. Problem was I didnt really benchtest it and reassembled completely just to see that it only worked backwards (reversed) I hit the switch on the TX and it got worse so I switched it back. He has a LRP ESC so I switched it for a XL5 I had lying around and it appears the XL5 is junk to cause it does the same thing..........................??

Spent the day out and about doing non RC things for a change and came home. Went to the garage, turned everything on and now its working?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not only that but the ESC that I pulled out of his car is now fully functional in my AX10????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I appreciate the ribbing but really want to know what happened. While I dont hate them obviously this is why I prefer nitro to electric. Theres 3 basics to running. It seems electric has many more unexplainable variables.....

The ghost of headaches yet to come!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2