engine wont start!!!!!!!!F&*K

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knemo77

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so i have a sirio .18 and it will not turn over.....

i have put-
-new glowplug
-charged ignitor
-new fuel
-set factory carb settings
-air-tested system

what else could be my problem?

HELP:microwave

How is the compression? If the engine is not making enough compression it will be difficult to start.

Originally posted by xxxntSteve
How is the compression? If the engine is not making enough compression it will be difficult to start.

the compression seems good. I'm really stumped its like i broke something!!!!!!!!!:sniper:

You may have broken somjething. What did it do the last time you ran it?
If it won't even turn over could be a number of things. The piston could be stuck at top dead center (if it's a new engine), it could be flooded, or your rod could be bent or snapped. If I were you I would take it apart and see what it looks like on the inside, that way if something is broken you won't do further damage to the engine.

last time the engine stripped off the mounts and we took her home.

even with the engine off the mounts it was running strong...i took it home detached the head to reattach the mounts and reassembled the engine like it was.....the piston seems to move up and down ok...i dont get it.

you took the head off??????? if you did you probably didn't tighten it enough

we did that on kk's maxx tightended it up and she runs great when you tighten don't forget to use the x pattern

x pattern is
1 4
3 2 and repeat until tight

Last edited:
cool i'll try that i noticed that when i unscrewed them this time 1 was pretty loose. so i guess it may have been the seal.

ill be back in 30 mins with results.

the sirio alsohas two copper rings around the head. do they sit on top of each other or does one go someplace else.

they sit on top of each other....

she's RUNNIN!!!!!!wooohhooooooooo!!!!purrin like a kitten on steroids!!

thanks guys!!:dance:

knemo 77, u mean the heat sink not proper screw/tight??

Originally posted by tkhoo
knemo 77, u mean the heat sink not proper screw/tight??

that helped compression....i think mostly I'm betting better at priming the stupid thing. but looking for the problem made a lot of other weak links get fixed.

Yep I was reading this post and the first thing that poped into my head was what happend to me but of cours MC beat me to it of course. Anyway how do you like that thing man alot better than the crappy 2.5?

this truck really flies....its almost scary fast

ya I know BIG improvment huh?

i have decided not to run it around real cars anymore because it is real fast and I'm pretty new to it, so i like baseball fields with chain link and grass.

Ya NO basket ball hoops (inside joke)