engine swap???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulangelo

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK, I have a Schumacher with a Thunder Tiger PRO .21 in it and am getting a Tmaxx with a OS max CV-X .15 in it that needs to be broken in. Is is possible to put the Thunder Tiger in the Maxx and the OS in the schuie? How much work or how much modding would I need to do. The .21 is way too much for the schuie and not sure if the .15 is enough for the maxx. any ideas??

wow, 21 views so far and not one post. No one has any ideas???

if the shumacher had a .21 when you got it and it ran ok then the other .21 should be fine and not to much power and the Maxx comes stock with a .15 so it should be fine also but i am not sure how much if any modifications you will need

I think there is confusion to my question, The Schumacher came with a .21 and the Tmaxx has a .15 . My question is can I put the .15 in the Schumacher and the .21 in the Schumacher??

i have never heard of anyone putting a thunder tiger Pro .21 in a T-maxx, but people have put .21 in there t-maxx. there are kits that allow u to put .21 in ur t-maxx like XTM. what the kit comes with is an extended chassis, cvd's extended chassis braces and engine mounts. also with a .21 in ur t-maxx u will have tranny issues and have so much power u could flip on ur lid. anything is possible to do if u got the cash and the time. .15 and .21 have different mounting holes to mount to the engine mount, thats one of the problems.

later

Thanks Maxx Trooper, where in Upstate NY are you?

edit

later

Last edited:
MT is right about the T-maxx kit, the power differeence is Sick w/ the
T-maxx but may I suggest (if you can blow some dough) the Hardcore racing Mutant Maxx kit....I did one and it freakin Rocks...I also had a .21 T-maxx as well and I stopped using it after I did the Mutant and tradded it for a buggy...just build one part by part it's more fun....

Back