engine mounted to chasi

• Thread starter snwborderdude19
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snwborderdude19

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have looked for the past 45 mins all over the web trying to find information about how to take the engine off the chasi. I'm new to the rc world and this is my first real rc truck. i have a redcat volcano sv pro and i found the screws that hold the engine on but they are extremely tight, i was trying to find more information on how to remove these screws safely without stripping the heads or possibly damaging any parts. any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with that rig. Is it nitro?

Your best investment in RC is a good set of high quality allen wrenches. Throw away those L hex hey wrenches. They are junk and will strip many screws causing much swearing and grief. Hudy and Losi are my favorites. I've had the same Losi wrenches for 6+ years of use.

Short of having good wrenches, all you can do is maybe heat up the bolt heads with a mini-torch, then try to break them loose with a cheap wrench. You don't need to go red hot, but 150-200F will help.

Or, just try harder and hope it doesn't strip out on you.

yes it is nitro. .18 is the size of the motor i believe... thought it wuz a pretty good deal found it for 200 bucks on ebay. and thanx for the advice ill try heating them up a bit. and luckly for me my dads job requires a bunch of small tools to work on electronic stuff so his tools help even though i broke one of his craftsman screw drivers in half tryin to loosin the screw. guess I'm stronger then i thought:hehe:

I've looked at that truck, but my LHS says red cat parts are extremly hard to get, and they quit carrying redcat because they can't get parts from them. so i bought a t-maxx 3.3 instead, you can pretty much build a t-maxx out of parts at my LHS

get a good pair of allen wrenches and put it on the bolt and get some the cross t for levridge just play with it it will come lose

a good penetrating oil will go a long way. WD-40 is one option but I get some good silicone based oil at Pep Boys. A little squirt and a little wait time will go far.