Email scams and funny things...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoME

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Scammers are everywhere, sitting on huge amounts of cash they have ripped from people trying to make a easy dollar.

I recently received an email from Mrs. Gloria Moyo in Southafrica, telling me about her families struggles and problems with investing huge amounts of money. I have her email address and will gladly share with the right people...
Her sons name is Fortune and I am supposed to call a number in south Africa, which I did not. She wants me to open an account in the U.S. and invest her money, for a 20% commision.
I have bought 8 aircrafts in africa for customers in the U.S. so I thought it's time to have some fun. I love Africa and it's people...

My first response (less than one minute invested):

::What can i do to help?
::Let me know how and I will help.
::D. Gustavson

She then came back thanking me with another email.
My response to that (3-4 minutes)

Hello Mrs. Gloria Moyo!
I tried calling the number but could not reach anyone.
Please let your son know that I can be reached anytime under:
+1 (202) 324-3000 or you can write me anytime, please explain in detail & include a return address so I can send money and inform my banks about this transaction.

D. Gustavson (SA)
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

I have told my secretary to accept your call if you mention South Africa - FORTUNE. Please make sure he or you explain in detail how I can help. Please call me ASAP so we can get into business!
Waiting for your prompt and positive reply, but better yet, just call me!!!

Sincerely,
D.Gustavson

(The number and adress provided is from the FBI, calling the number will land you with their phone operator)

She responded again, thanking me, giving me details to open an account and assist her in creating a company withing the U.S. so she could fund the account and "execute" my advised investments. Acoording to her either she or her son fortune will call me soon.

The last response from me:
Hello Mrs. Gloria Moyo,

Here is a little problem...
I could again not reach your son Fortune by several attempts, the numbers are hard to come through and I am affraid you will have to call me at the number I had written in my last email.

In order for me to open up an account for your funds I will need some sort of security in form of cash. I can not accept checks, or western union transfers.

I currently invest in different vehicles and usually net at least 21-22% profit. I am kindly offering you to purchase one of my companies for a fraction of a foreign startup and would name you CEO and President. This way you avoid being scrutinized by our government and for tax reasons. I am aware about how hard it is to open a company from South Africa and will gladly sell you one of my company names for $85.000

The deposit required is $25.000 USD in cash, this will secure your account and my undivided attention in this matter. Please infrom me of a possible appointment where and when this deposit is made, and the rest should be a matter of days. With the purchase of my company the deposit becomes part of the purchase price, it is like always non refundable.

D. Gustavson

Invested time so far: 12 minutes max...
Fun factor, knowing you waste some criminals time: priceless
If I'm lucky I'll get some more details and be able to get them to either have one of their conmans meet me or disclose any other salvagable information.
If she does not come back on the offer I made, I will fake her into believing I opened an account and set something up with the feds.

Ah, a classic 419 baiting.. I used to do this as a hobby for a while. You would be amazed how low the scammers will stoop. If you google "Prince Joe Eboh", you'll see just how nasty they can be.

Ah, a classic 419 baiting.. I used to do this as a hobby for a while. You would be amazed how low the scammers will stoop. If you google "Prince Joe Eboh", you'll see just how nasty they can be.

Yup, have gun, will use it... anytime. I'm all for positive gun control, and I'm sure I would not miss...
I wish there was a way of getting these guys to come out of their holes and for our fed to be a bit more flexible... I'm commited on getting some sort of info out of these gooheads.
As you said, it's a hobby, you can't count on anything, but if something works out I'll f**k with them for a while...