Electric Stampede XL-5?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CntCtchMe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have pretty much given up on nitro trucks, i like them they are fun to play with but i just dont have the time or patience to keep them maintained and tuned and cleaned. So I've decided to sell my rush and possibly my outlaw rampage(depends if i wanna keep it once i put it back together and its all perrty and clean might become a shelf queen) and buy the new stampede with the xl5 esc, I've searched the treads and couldnt really find and views or opinions on it. If anyone has some pro's and cons they could share with me, or talk me into getting somehing else in the same price range, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I bought my son one this past xmas.

It is a great first time RC for him and he is having a blast with it. If you are used to the speed of nitro, you will be disappointed. It only has a top speed of 30mph with the included optional pinion and the use of a 7 cell pack. So far it has proven to be quite durable and if something does break, there is good after market support for it.

If you get one, pick-up at least 3 batt packs for it with the highest mah rating you can afford.

My son uses three 3900 Orion Rocket Packs.

I figured i would have to get some decent batteries if i want to have any fun with it, and thats what i really want I'm not expecting it to do 50mph or anything close I'm just looking for some funfactor, I've had r/c's all my life since i was a little kid but i never had a nice electric one, all the ones i had were tyco, nikko, etc... so i oretty much wnet right from them to the first nitro i had wich was the kysohso outlaw its a nice truck and its fun to play with but parts for it are really hard to find, my buddy had the older nitro stamede and he loves it hasnt broken anything on it and hes launched it off some pretty high ramps. I figure for the money and what i want to do with it the xl-5should be a nice electric to start off with, i do plan on upgrading it once i get it to get the most fun out of it. Thanks for the tips by tthe way

The XL-5 brings a smile to my face when I get a chance to run it.

Do yourself a favor and get a set of bearings for it. It comes with crappy bushings which just create drag with reduces run times.

I bought my little bro a pede for x mas its a good little truck I also got hime 3 3000Mah sticks for it but notice that he only gets about 8 min out of each stick which I think is kinda crappy he gets mad because his batt are dead and I am still running but all and all a good truck. Seems to be very durable as its his 1st rc he has already ran into alot of things and nothing has broke.

I already have the aftermartket parts listing from tower in my favorites for it, i dont plan on luanching it off houses or jumping over cars so i shouldnt be breaking anything on it just want to play around in the back yard torture my nieghbors dogs with it and watch them run back and forth behind the fence chasing it. Would like to have it ready for snow but i doubt thats going to happen.

Back