Project:Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psunitro

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I bought one of the new Traxxas Stampedes a while back.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/stampede2006/trx_stampede.htm

Actually had Chris's son Nate drive it at Trax 70 at the East Coast Bash. I took it out to a local track and burned a couple of packs thru it and it was a blast. So I thought....lets make it better.

I have a full Jato arm set in the mail now, as well as spindle set up and wheelie bar. New Era makes a conversion for the Jato to 17mm hubs, and that will be purchaced in the future.

I plan on streching the stock chassis 2", and mounting the battery underneth it. I will fab up a battery box for it when I figure what li-pos I want to run. FLM makessome really nice stuff for the Stampede, and replace them for a small fee it it bends or breaks. They can make a 2' chassis up, I may go that route in the future. The 2" will tame the wheelies
http://www.fastlanemachine.com/PublicPortal/Products/ElectricStampede/tabid/87/Default.aspx

AND the Mamba Max 5700 for 1/10 scales will be purchased only AFTER I get the basic chassis layout set-up.

I know, you want pics, but all you would see now is a stock Stampede!

Sounds like a killer project, I still miss my pede at times. Xtream racing (I think thats the name) makes or made an extended carbon fiber chassis at one time, I'm not sure if they still make it are no, I'll try to find it.

I found it but I don't see the extended version on there, the 4x4 version might be it but I'm not sure.

http://www.xtremercracing.com/Stampede_Carbon_Fiber_Parts.cfm

Good luck with the pede!

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing this build. The FLM chassis is damn sexy!

Well got all the Jato stuff, and started to sand/dremel. I took off a lot on the arms to make them fit. I wanted to make sure they are what I want. If I like it, i'll get the RPM's and dremel/sand the mounting blocks to fit the arms. I am going to have to find a way to limit bottom travel on the back arms,I am either going to make a stop plate and put a set screw in the arm(ala 1/8 buggy) or use some wire and attach it the the arm and tower.
Going to find a better wheelie bar, maybe just fab one.

Here are a few pics
indytruggy044.gif

indytruggy047.gif

indytruggy048.gif

indytruggy049.gif

indytruggy050.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun project! Good luck with the build!

I forgot all about Fastlane. I here they have some well thought out parts.
Have fun and keep us updated.

OK here are a few more pics. I extended the chassis about .800

indytruggy053.jpg

indytruggy054.gif

indytruggy056.gif

Jato wheelie bar
indytruggy055.gif

arm comparisons
indytruggy051.gif

indytruggy052.gif

I may try to see how I can mount the batteries under the chassis for a lower CG.

Back