Electric Motor resource needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a resource that will help people to choose the proper electric RC motor for the their needs?

Hopefully it would guide the user as to how many turns to look for as well as how it effects the power output to help them select the best motor for the track or conditions.

I ordered that XXX main TC setup guide to see if I could figure out my gearing / overheating problem...I'll see (when it get's here) if they have any good tips or helpful ideas on it......

eddy, there are too many selections for all the applications. just running stock class there are over 7 i can think of off the top of my head, all have different applications for different types of tracks and driving styles.

plaid, what motor are you running, how tight a track layout, what car is it in, what diameter tires are you running? also, the motor will be hot after a race, but if it gets so hot that power fades at the end of the race, you need to drop 1 or more teeth on your pinion. www.gearchart.com is a great resource for picking gearing.

well scratch the XXX book for motor help...great chassis setup tips and troubleshooting but almost all for handling issues not drivetrain.....
corrado I'll PM you instead of crapping Eddies thread, thanks....

Back