E Savage questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Dan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I would like to know if the rear diff is the same in the savage as the esavage? I got an e savage and was happy with it until the rear diff that connects to the axle broke. I had the truck a week and never did any serious beating on it. I called HPI and they told me I was S.O.L. So I do not think I will be buying from them again. I would like to fix this truck,I do like it. But no one around here carry's Esavage parts just savage parts. So I am trying to figure out if they are interchangable?

Thanks

they should be, pull up the exploded view and see if the part numbers are the same, what part broke? i may have a spare you can try. lmk

Here are some pics of the part I need. I don't think the savage and the E savage are the same.

Attachments

• tmaxx 093.jpg
    tmaxx 093.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 82
  • tmaxx 094.jpg
    tmaxx 094.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 95
  • tmaxx 095.jpg
    tmaxx 095.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 72
thats a negative, the savage has cups like this

hpic6127.jpg

sorry bro!

hpi should replace that. try again, mayby you got a douch on the phone.

Yeah I saw the blow up views and they don't match up. And yes I do think HPI should replace this. But according to there customer service I need to send it in, and if they were not at fault then it would be sent back to me. I Just don't think I should pay for the shipping on this to them. Since as you can plainly see it was a defect in the product itself. So I have to spend ten dollars to send this to them wait about 2 weeks and hopefully get a new one. Or go to the store order it and wait a week and pay 30 bucks. So either way I get hosed. That is why I am not to happy with HPI...

send them just the part that broke, in a padded envelope, for like 2 bux
i sent them a message stating i didnt receive the new diff stuff in my savage x and next thing i know there is a package on my stoop. there normaly very good about that kinda stuff. try emailing them. they can't tell you no then

Yah, HPI is usually VERY good about their customer service. I sent 'em a motor that had some punched-thru crankcase holes, and they sent me a whole new motor. It cost me about $6.50 to send it to 'em, and the turnaround was about a week. I'd definately send them that ring gear in a padded envelope. Meanwhile, you might want to put a shim on the pinion gear (the small gear that turns that assembly), to tighten the mesh. That should prevent that from happening again.

i actually broke this part over christmas break. the diff output shaft... I've just had the truck sitting since then and I've been missing driving it. i think ill email them too.

hpi has been very good to me i had a bad 3 speed transmission,dog bones and a rear diff from my savage x they replaced everything listed but it did take about 3 weeks to get the stuff they said that they were behind on shipping,other then that they were very helpful.can't hurt to try again