Dynamite Big Block Conversion mach 26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plaidfish said:
only down side is you have to tear em down to adjust the diff.....I guess .21Rc10GT is telling us he's a slacker and just want's to set it and forget it......

Yeah, thats pretty much what I'm saying. I dont feel like doing it again. I have been trying to get the 1/8th diffs for a while, and now i can, so i might as well. :shrug:

SuperMaxx83 said:
well i just bought adynamite kit and i was wondering if anyone out there has tried thiss kit be4 and if they had any probs with it also if they make special bodys for exstended chassis or if i have to run regular bodies links and comments will help in any way :fro:

I'm sorry man, but if you ask me, you made a pretty big mistake. i have the conversion and my truck is very unreliable now. I'm lucky if I get three tanks out of it before a diff or the gears on the primary shaft go. I never upgraded much as for the drivetrain(except the diffs) because I figured that would just make the conversion pointless. Correct me if i'm wrong, but if I were to put steel gears in the trans, I'll end up with a truck that's about the same speed as the stock maxx, just longer with a bigger motor. Then again, if you're just planning on driving it, you might be ok, but I did jump mine and that didnt do any good. If you are going to jump yours, you should upgrade the A-arms, the drivetrain, the brake(at top end my truck would shred through brakes on a hard stop) and the shocks( I prefer the traxxas big bore shocks, excellent bashing shocks) Good luck with it man.

well fsteddy let me know wut you gottat get for those parts and same with rc10gt let me know as well and for upgradeing any thing else everthiny on the truck is upgraaded but the tranny and front and rear diffs thats all i have to upgrade ow ya and the slipper gear but i think i might be getting one i just did some gearing to them and it seems alot fster then the stock motor but alot snapper and throttle on demand and its not even broken in yet well guys let me know

I have the big block mach.26 and was woundering what spur and bell gear I should use

Most people who do these conversions run 1/8 scale CB's along with a Spur designed for Maxx's with 1/8 scale CB.. I can't remember the company that makes it... (even though I have one :shrug: )

Back