Do you own a LST?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the truck, radio, a couple of ignighters, tool box, peak charger and batteries for $300. He said he spent close to $800 for everything so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Nice deal! I just bought one from my neighbor--he had it for four years and never started it. I thought $350 was a deal. My LHS said I "stole it" from him. I have his origional receipt from the LHS with the total being $647.95. Of course I have already spent another $200 on the extras (batteries, charger, fuel, etc). I have to admit, the truck is way cool! Anyone think the upgrade kit is worth the $115.00 price tag?

Last edited:
what shock fluids wt do you guys run in you LSTs ?? mine seems to be squating a lot more than i remember it doing before. so i think it is time to change the fluids out. i was thinking about 100wt with stock springs ??

just went with 100wt all the way around ... i will report back when i take it out for a spin.

Any idea what comes in them stock? The oil probably won't help the squatting. It may actually make it worse.

I run stock oil with yellow springs. It could probably stand to run a little heavier oil as the rebound off big jumps usually makes it bounce pretty good.

i just bought a lst 2 havin truble with it it hasnt ben run to hard tore it down last night got it back togher after work today hard to start when runnin sems like a led weight tied to it any idas gooin to pull the primer tommrow any idas welcome

Please do! I am curious how that heavy a weight will respond. If I remember correctly I think I read that stock is 30wt.

I recently upped mine to 80 weight. I run the yellow springs. I don't care for the 80 weight at all. Makes the down stroke far too slow and hydro locks on the upstroke which makes the truck bounce.

I've ordered RC Raven's dual rate springs and 60 weight oil... should get here this week. As long as it doesn't rain all week, I'll get it out next weekend to see if the aggrivation of changing out the shock oil 4 times has been worth it...

New motor showed up today :celebrate3:. Truck is still torn down for a cleaning. I think I'm going to get an FOC and put that in before I put it all back together. I'm anxious to hear about the different set-ups for shocks. If I have mine torn down, might as well make the changes now.

Olds, where is a good place to get springs?

I have one with a few mods,I love it over all my trucks.:first_place:It has a Axial 32:D in it with TiNi gears all around,blue chassis,beleave or not a Revo roll bar it seems to hold up alot better than a Integy roll bar:(.I also have a MGT:second_place:,REVO w/a big block:third_place:,SAVAGE X:\,and the wife has a stock REVO.:p:
THANKS GREG

I ordered mine directly from RC Raven: http://www.rcraveninc.com/product/LSTDRBK/Losi_LST_Black_Dual_Rate_Shock_Springs.html

Ordered on Sunday, receive an email notification Monday that they were shipped. I should definitely get them before the weekend. I picked up the 60 weight oil on my way home tonight. Unfortunately, the forecast calls for rain all weekend... WEATHER SUCKS!

Yup, same here, rain all weekend AND most of next week. :angry:

One more question for ya, what spring rate do you run on your AS for bashing? I don't think the stock LST silver springs are strong enough to keep it from bottoming out on jumps.

I see now that the link shows the dual rate springs, they're just available in different colors. I'm used the to colors being different rates.

Last edited:
Right now I run yellows, but I still bottomed out hard due to the lighter oil and the truck would rebound so bad that it would hop after landing. With the old black springs (stock AS), it did ok in a track environment (motocross indoor), but on large jumps landing on a flat area, it would hit the ground so hard that it snapped many chassis rails.

Which is why I'm now going to try the RC raven springs. I went with the black ones. They just showed up today, but with the rain currently here and showing no sign of stopping, it may be a while before I see how they do. I think I'll switch the oil out to 60 weight and save what I have in the shocks currently in case 60 isn't enough. I have 50/50 100/60 weight oil mix in it now. The LHS didn't have 80...

Last edited:
I have the original LST and I still love it . Here's some pictures of it .

buggy001.jpg

buggy002.jpg

IMEXwheels027.jpg

It has the big 'ol Integy piggy back socks, a New Era 3 point roll bar, RPM gear cover and suspension arms . I just resently got this for it too ! :D

rcparts003.jpg

Haven't had a chance to put it in yet though .

lookin

i dont currently own an lst but I'm looking for one. if anyone has one that they want to get rid of let me know.

I just got one myself.

Aftershock upgraded to lst2 with a losi racer body. Xtm 457 motor with a rd logics twin stinger sidepipe.

Last edited:
hey mate
i have a lst and a lst2 wouldnt own no other truck !

Me too, I have an LST2 & same here !!!! - Losi Rules !

Aftershock upgraded to lst2 with a losi racer body. Xtm 457 motor with a rd logics twin stinger sidepipe.

Nice truck !......Looks good !

I have the original LST and I still love it . Here's some pictures of it .

buggy001.jpg

buggy002.jpg

IMEXwheels027.jpg

It has the big 'ol Integy piggy back socks, a New Era 3 point roll bar, RPM gear cover and suspension arms . I just resently got this for it too ! :D

rcparts003.jpg

Haven't had a chance to put it in yet though .

Hey durwank, your LST has "big 'ol Integy Piggy-back 'socks' " ? -:hehe:

Yup, same here, rain all weekend AND most of next week. :angry:

One more question for ya, what spring rate do you run on your AS for bashing? I don't think the stock LST silver springs are strong enough to keep it from bottoming out on jumps.

I see now that the link shows the dual rate springs, they're just available in different colors. I'm used the to colors being different rates.

I run 100wt shock oil with the yellow(now painted red) 7.4 shock springs on my LST2 and they seem to work just fine !

I run 100wt shock oil with the yellow(now painted red) 7.4 shock springs on my LST2 and they seem to work just fine !

Wow!

I ran the RC Ravens with losi 80 weight (50/50 100&60 mix) and they wouldn't rebound fast enough to do any good. The oil also didn't compress much at all on big jumps which made for really bouncy landings.

I ran the yellows with the 80 as well and they didn't do well either. They were slower to rebound than the RC ravens were.

I want to say I'm now running 60 with the RC ravens and it does really well for all around bashing with little and big air (8 feet or less). Much better than the yellows did. Anything above 5 feet or so made the front end hit very hard and bounce up.

'Socks' & 'Shocks"

U so Funny , Taz ! lol

I know, thanks ! - :hehe::p:

That's good, I'm glad to hear that you(olds97_lss) finally got your shocks working like you wanted. I'm not jumping anything 8 ft or even 5 ft, but definately less:D......which is probably why mine work just fine.:hehe: BTW, let's see some vids of that bad boy getting some big air(5ft or so).;)

Last edited: