Discussion thread for 2009 RCNT Bash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused.

Who is actually organizing this event anyway?

It looks like Lessen did a lot of planning and right before the big day destrucktomaxx decided that he would run the show....Thats just what it looks like to me.

I never said I was running this event. Never once. This was all said to me and I relayed it back. Don't get all salty about it. It's not that big of a deal to get your panties in a twist. This is still going on, this is still on the way, and it'll be fun. Lessen DID do the planning. I didn't do one bit and I admit it. Thank you Lessen for setting it up, thank you Lessen for keeping up the thread...THANK YOU Lessen for being the one. Since there's so much animosity, I'm not going either. Randy, if you don't wanna go because you hate me so much, then whatever...I've washed my hands of this whole event. Thank you Lessen for making such a BIG f......g deal of it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this went from happy go lucky, to a poop storm in one page FLAT!!!!

Thank you Lessen for making such a BIG fiddlesticking deal of it all.

Obviously you do not get it. It IS a big deal. It's been a big deal for me and a number of other people here for a good 6-7 months. Sweetdiesel and I started brainstorming about this quite a while back and then I started putting it all together. My wife scheduled vacation from work and spend X-hours looking for appropriate places to stay. I put up the polls, researched the area and contacted the appropriate personel out of common courtesy. Unfortunately, that common courtesy has not been shown back to me by neither you or Chris. I'm extremely dissapointed in the way Chris has handled this. At first he seemed real cool and was very helpful in letting me know what we could use and what we couldn't. He asked me to contact him again about a month beforehand to remind him and I did so. Again, out of courtesy. All the while I've posted the rules of the track and corrected any other ideas that people had come up with (such as running on-roads in the parking lot which is not allowed). Now it seems that since Chris knows you and knows that you are a part of this bash he (or maybe it's just the implication of your post) has put you in charge of keeping everything on the up and up, almost as if he feels I'm not capable. He didn't even respond to the email I sent him. He brushed me off in favor of allowing you to give everybody "the scoop". You feel like you're just the message boy and telling us what he wants us to know. I outlined every single thing you posted months ago. Everybody was aware of the rules and if they missed something I was always quick to correct. I've been on top of every aspect of this thing in a professional and respectful manner since day one and Chris couldnt' even show me enough courtesy to respond to my email. Fact is I didn't even need to contact him. That track is in a public park so anybody can show up and utilize it so long as they abide by the rules. The only reason I emailed Dirtburners in the first place was out of common courtesy, courtesy that has not been shown back to me.

I'm not mad strictly because it seems like you are trying to run the show. Most everybody knows who put this together. My ego doesn't need a nametage. I'm upset because I've been blown-off and sort of underminded by the guy I tried very hard to keep in the loop simply for the sake of courtesy. I do not like the impression you've given here and quite frankly I don't want to meet you in person. Also, I'm not happy about the way I've been treated by Mr. Conwell and I'd rather not run into him either. Obviously I will not be attending this event. You've said that you're not going to go but it's not as simple as that. I'm not going to come into your town and expect you not to be there. That would be ignorant on my part. The bash will go on, just without me. I'm only one person and I can control only my own actions. I'm not going to actively boycott the event just because I'm frustrated but I'm also not gonna say that I can't expect that others won't show either, but it won't be because I twisted anybody's arm.

As a member of the community I've said my peace on my own personal issues here and have nothing else to add to that segment of the discussion

As a member of the RCNT staff I would like to ask that we please try to keep this thread on track. The location and date have been set for quite some time so if anybody is/has been planning on going they deserve a place to discuss it.

Thank you,
Lessen

Edited to untwist peoples panties.

Dude, why did you edit all that? Stepped on Josh's toes and got tired of getting called out on it? Really, do you think we are a bunch of ass-hats whom can not accord ourselves properly without needing to be policed??? No offense, Alpine! This is RCNT and WE are the ambassadors of the whole site! We are not some lame-brained half-ass forum here! The guys that signed onto this thing are all upstanding members, and all well into adulthood. We are not a bunch of kids looking for a good time and tearing the joint up!!!

*EDIT* If Josh is out then I am guessing Dom is out. And if Randy is out that is three. Who else besides myself and Charlie were sure to be there? Chuck?

Man, this sucks...

Last edited:
Never did I say that any of you were kids that wanna tear up the place. All I wanted to do was let anyone who didn't read the entire thread know and refresh everyone's memories. I apologize if that pissed anyone off, because that was not my intent. It was also never my intent to steal Josh's thunder nor was it my intent to take over. Personally, I wouldn't even fathom trying to take over such an event. It takes more work to put on something like this than I'd like to exert. If anyone had any issue with me or with anything I've said in these forums, then they could have come to me like a grown man and respectfully brought it to my attention. But since nothing was ever said, then how could I have known you all would be so sour. Silent words accomplish NOTHING. I've apologized to Josh already. He was man enough to say something to me in a decent manner and I respect that. This was not all my doing. If people don't show because they don't want to, then that's up to them. But for those who want to stomp they're feet and act like 5 year olds when they don't get their way and throw a temper tantrum, what's that get you?

I'm sincerely sorry, honestly, for causing so much drama. If I had known that you all would have taken it this way, I wouldn't have said anything. I'm certain that my apology will not be accepted by the majority of the crew, but I'm man enough to admit when I was wrong.

I for one was never mad at you. I was not trying to single you out 'cept to say I would have left your post alone if I were you. Deleting it didn't solve anything, and makes you a bigger target. I have zero personal issues with you, but Josh is a stand-up guy whom always is above the fray. He and I have not always agreed on things, but I have respect for him, and I think he does for me. As such I have to stand by the man. Peace to all!

Can't we all just get along? I want to bash still!

It's kind of dead in the water fellas and not necessarily solely due to politics. A few members I thought were solidly in had to back out due to various personal restrictions. Money is tight for everybody. I'm still planning to be in St. Louis that week but I'm not doing anything r/c related.

Let Me Clear Somethings Up!

Obviously you do not get it. It IS a big deal. It's been a big deal for me and a number of other people here for a good 6-7 months. Sweetdiesel and I started brainstorming about this quite a while back and then I started putting it all together. My wife scheduled vacation from work and spend X-hours looking for appropriate places to stay. I put up the polls, researched the area and contacted the appropriate personel out of common courtesy. Unfortunately, that common courtesy has not been shown back to me by neither you or Chris. I'm extremely dissapointed in the way Chris has handled this. At first he seemed real cool and was very helpful in letting me know what we could use and what we couldn't. He asked me to contact him again about a month beforehand to remind him and I did so. Again, out of courtesy. All the while I've posted the rules of the track and corrected any other ideas that people had come up with (such as running on-roads in the parking lot which is not allowed). Now it seems that since Chris knows you and knows that you are a part of this bash he (or maybe it's just the implication of your post) has put you in charge of keeping everything on the up and up, almost as if he feels I'm not capable. He didn't even respond to the email I sent him. He brushed me off in favor of allowing you to give everybody "the scoop". You feel like you're just the message boy and telling us what he wants us to know. I outlined every single thing you posted months ago. Everybody was aware of the rules and if they missed something I was always quick to correct. I've been on top of every aspect of this thing in a professional and respectful manner since day one and Chris couldnt' even show me enough courtesy to respond to my email. Fact is I didn't even need to contact him. That track is in a public park so anybody can show up and utilize it so long as they abide by the rules. The only reason I emailed Dirtburners in the first place was out of common courtesy, courtesy that has not been shown back to me.

I'm not mad strictly because it seems like you are trying to run the show. Most everybody knows who put this together. My ego doesn't need a nametage. I'm upset because I've been blown-off and sort of underminded by the guy I tried very hard to keep in the loop simply for the sake of courtesy. I do not like the impression you've given here and quite frankly I don't want to meet you in person. Also, I'm not happy about the way I've been treated by Mr. Conwell and I'd rather not run into him either. Obviously I will not be attending this event. You've said that you're not going to go but it's not as simple as that. I'm not going to come into your town and expect you not to be there. That would be ignorant on my part. The bash will go on, just without me. I'm only one person and I can control only my own actions. I'm not going to actively boycott the event just because I'm frustrated but I'm also not gonna say that I can't expect that others won't show either, but it won't be because I twisted anybody's arm.

1st I was contacted by Josh on January 30, 2009 @ 12:05pm
2nd I replied to him on January 30, 2009 @ 6:37pm
3rd Josh sent me a reminder email on August 8, 2009 7:58am
4th I replied on August 9, 2009 at 8:57pm

I have a full time job with a TELCO, I travel throughout the world with my job. When Josh emailed me on the 8th I had left that morning for Canada for work. I don't have ANYTIME to answer or even read personal emails. Barely have time to eat and sleep. So for that I am extremely sorry Josh. But to come on a form and PUBLICLY bash myself and my track is completely uncalled for and unprofessional. And to say that it is a public park and a public facility is correct, but......... ANY ORGANIZED EVENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AT THIS FACILITY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!! If I didn't respond to Josh's emails fast enough well then, I will completely take responsibility for that. And the RULES are RULES. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME 314-363-9215 Chris Conwell

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:58 PM
To: 'Josh & Kimberly Nessel'
Subject: RE: St. Louis Dirt Burners - Contact Us Submission

Everything should be ok.

Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:00 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: St. Louis Dirt Burners - Contact Us Submission

Chris,

As you've requested I'm giving you another heads up to our little get together. It's about 5 weeks out as we're still looking at Sunday Sept. 13th and Monday the 14th. If plans at the track have changed and it will not be usable on those dates please let me know. Thanks!

-Josh Nessel
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Josh & Kimberly Nessel'
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:48 AM

Nope, you will be able to use the entire place. Except computer, sound and lights. You will have the track, stand, electric, and water.

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: St. Louis Dirt Burners - Contact Us Submission

Chris,

Thanks for your prompt response. Everything sounds good to me. We're not looking for anything special aside from a decent place to run where we won't be bothering anybody. We understand that it's a public park so there certainly may be locals there as well and that's cool. The more the merrier :) Oh and no, there are no fees involved here so no monetary gain for anybody. I will email you about a month in advance as a reminder as you have asked. One question just to verify that I'm understanding correctly.. The drivers stand. I imagine that qualifies as part of the clubs equipment so that is off limits correct? I just want to relay the message properly so nobody will be surprised. Thanks Chris.

-Josh Nessel
----- Original Message -----
To: edited for personal email
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 6:37 PM

Josh,

As of right now I could tell you it would be ok, but the park and track will remain open during your event. I cannot allow you to use any of the clubs equipment other than the track. This will have to be a public and free event. No one can camp at the facility and no drinking or drugs allowed. We do have a race in the middle of August around the 15th and that layout will still be on the track. I cannot guarantee the quality of the track surface. We try to keep the track drained of all water but sometimes it becomes a challenge. Please email about 1 month prior to your event and remind me about it.

Thanks,
Chris Conwell

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 12:05 PM
Subject: St. Louis Dirt Burners - Contact Us Submission

Chris, My name is Josh and I'm contacting you in an effort to organize a get together amongst some of my r/c friends. I am a member of another r/c forum by the name of RCNitrotalk.com and I'm expecting a fair showing of around 7-10 people. Maybe a couple more at most. The reason I'm emailing is so that I can set a date in stone so that everybody can start making solid plans and not be worried about anything out of my hands aside from weather. We are planning on holding our get-together on a Sun/Mon so as not to interfere with your local club racing. My main concern is if your club is planning any special events or major track renovations during the dates we expect to be there. My primary choice of dates at this moment are Sept. 13th and 14th. I know that is quite a ways off but I'm attempting to give everybody as much time to plan/save as possible. I have buddies planning to come from as far as Californina, Jersey, Montana, even Canada. Myself as well as a couple others are making a family vacation out of it so that's why I'm trying to get this date thing nailed down so early. I'm aware that this facility is open to the public during non-club events and I've read through all of the rules/regulations that pertain to the usage of the track. St. Louis looks like a great city to spend some time in and this racetrack looks like an outstanding place for us to get together and share in our common interests. Please let me know if the dates in question would interfere with anything that may be going on locally. Thank you for your time. -Josh Nessel

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I have to step in here. This is Colton Kiefer. I also run the Dirtburners Club and have been in the loop on this event. After reading through all of this BS. I have come to the conclusion that something was mistrued or someone read something wrong. Chris is a stand up guy and by the looks of the emails posted he responded within a reasonably time period.

You guys have to understand that this is the busy time of the year for us. We have a big race coming up and we are all very busy getting everything lined out on top of our normal jobs.

Please remember you abid by the rules of the track and the park. That seams to be all that has been in question this whole time.

Thank You
Colton Kiefer
Operations Manager
St. louis Dirtburners

Colton,

You are absolutely correct. There certainly was some misconstrued happenings here. I do have to make one correction though. My 3rd email was sent on the 5th, not the 8th and THAT is a pretty major part of the issue I had as far as courtesy is concerned, not because of the delay, but because of the things that happend in between. I understand why Chris is upset after reading through this BS. I was mostly frustrated because I felt I was being shoved aside as the organizer in favor of the local guy. Destrucktomaxx came in here pushing rules and such before Chris could get back to me. I can't be sure if Chris and Destrucktomaxx had a conversation within that short time period but on here it seemed like they did and that Detrucktomaxx was relaying the message. I didn't understand why Chris simply did not not tell me instead of sending in (as it seemed by DM's post) Destrucktomaxx to transfer the message. In my world it seemed as though I was getting the brush off. Please put yourself in my shoes for just 2 minutes. From the beginning Chris had been very easy to deal with and extremely helpful. I was very surprised by how the last bit of communication had gone down. I feel like what we've had here is misunderstandings and IMO, a little too much help. I felt like I was doing good by contacting the club and all that and that Chris was being helpful on his end. I apologize to Chris if he feels I've thrown him under the bus and I certainly never meant to bash the club or the site. That was never an issue. Obviously, Chis was out of town on business and that is understandable that he did not get back to me untill a few days later. I cetainly do not begrudge a man for prioritizing his life. At any rate, my apologies to Chris for my assumptions. Maybe one day we'll be able to put this all together if we are still welcome. I'd still like to visit St. Louis sometime.

Josh,

Thank you for apologizing. That truely means alot to me. I can see were you can get that impression as far Destrucktomaxx. I really don't think that he meant any harm, but he sees how much work goes into the facility and members or people that race at the facility do not want to see anything bad happen there. (and everyones opinion is different) But Justin is a good guy to have with you or your group, he really means well. I am sorry if the event isn't going to happen this year (it sounds like its not) but you would always be welcome at the facility. One thing that Colton and myself have learned from running the club is that people regardless of there age can still be kids.

Thanks again for everything and hopefully the next event will go off without a hitch.

Chris Conwell
President
St. Louis Dirtburners

I don't think I can go anyways. I just got word the other day at work that we were getting a bonus on this check and I just got ridiculed as to what I wanted to do with it. Whatever. :shrug:

Well crap baskets! RCA give me a shout when you're done pouting and we'll work on a plan to go crash/bash Alpine's place! Oh yeah, Alpine get ready!

Back