Dif. Between .21 and .28 engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cMECZKOWSKI

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well i was wonder whats the dif. Between .21 n .28 engines n a buggy

whts the pros and cons for both engines ?

Also let me no wut u think the best rtr buggy 1/8 scale is cuz I'm buyin one just dont no witch one yet

i was lookin at the losi 2.0 8ight buggy and the kyosho inferno us sport and the team assoicated rc8rs I'm leanin towards the losi n ta rc8rs let me no what u think abut them or other rtr buggys

Most buggy racing requires a .21 engine so I would check with your local track before you make your final decision. The major difference between the 2 is obviously power (if you compare the same quality 21 to a 28) and the next MAJOR difference is fuel consumption. .28's suck down a LOT of fuel.

Some of those little 21s absolutely RIP and will blow the doors off a 28 motor...so it really boils down to how much you want to spend.

As far as RTR kits....I hear great things about the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR.

Well i was debatin on the team assoicated rc8rs n the losi 2.0 8ight but wut I'm scared of is my bro n his friend have the kyosho inferno us sport wit the .28 engine n then team assoicated rc8rs .28 engine n I'm scared that if i get the losi wit the smaller engine that theres is gonna b faster n quicker

There are PLENTY of .21 engines that will smoke .28 engines out there ;-) In this case, bigger is not always better. Run 30% in the .21 and get it tuned and it will RIP.

RTR engines are typically just "OK" engines anyway. They get the job done....I don't think any of them are really rocket ships.

So if i get the losi 2.0 it will run fine with there even tho there engine is a lil bigger

and ya i never thought of that cuz they just gonna b runnnin 20% and if i run 30% ill b able to stay wit thm or even smoke thm

thanks man

do u no any other good rtr buggys out there i shuld look at as well?

So if i get the losi 2.0 it will run fine with there even tho there engine is a lil bigger

and ya i never thought of that cuz they just gonna b runnnin 20% and if i run 30% ill b able to stay wit thm or even smoke thm

thanks man

do u no any other good rtr buggys out there i shuld look at as well?

As always, check with your LHS to see what parts they carry and what kind of support you'll get in your area. Of the RTR's, the Losi is an awesome deal and great car if you are just starting out and don't have a starter box, ignitor, etc etc... but if you already have all that stuff, the RC8B is a better car IMHO. Losi's tend to get "sloppy" after a while but the RC8B won't develop as much play in tolerances/parts. That said, the Losi's actually seem to drive better sloppy :)

Back