cut antenna

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
The other day I noticed my 2.4 ghz antenna was cut and was getting horrible reception. If it went to far away (like 15 feet away) it would loose control. I tried cutting and splicing the two halves together and that didn't help it at all. Only once I removed the cut off end did it start getting better reception. Very strange. Do they sell just replacement wires for traxxas tq 2.4 ghz receiver boxes? I don't really want to have to buy a new receiver box if at all possible.

same thing happen to me, i just got one from ebay, its weird how it doesn't work when you splice, mine didn't either

I find 2.4 has terrible range anyway, I had a perfect acoms technisport radio and never got more than 10 or 15 metres out of it.

my 2.4ghz will reach until I can barely see the car

---------- Post added at 7:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:53 PM ----------

same thing happen to me, i just got one from ebay, its weird how it doesn't work when you splice, mine didn't either

did you just get a new receiver

I have no range issues with my 3PKS 2.4-FASST. I get well over 250 yards out of it with my Baja. I don't like getting it that far out anyway but can if I want to. I think you might just have to get a new receiver I am not sure how well they can be fixed like an analog receiver.

Back