custom skid plate made today...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gettinintoit

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Broke another front skid plate...Its the 3rd one...So this evening after the my cowboys squeeked by St. Joes to get to the final four, I decided to find a way to fix my skid plate. I only broke the front part so the four bolts into the Bulk head are still intact. I used the metal braces that sit inside the skid plate to make a front skid. I had two left over from my previous breaks. I bent one of them at about a 15 degree angle and bolted it on top of last two holes in the intact metal brace(sandwiched between the skid and the metal brace insidet the skid). For the rest of the skid I bent the other one at about a 45 degree angle and bolted it to the other two holes in the first spare skid. Works great and looks mean! Pictures coming soon...I actually impressed myself.

The holes inside the braces could catch sticks and junk but besides for that good idea. Good use of coomon materials.

yeah i thought about the holes. I will take my chances for now. I'm just going to leave them on there until i sell my books back here at OSU. That should free up about $250 bucks. Then its fail safe, tuned pipe and rpm skids.

Check out Rockhoundz Titanium 2mm Thick Skidz. I have a set & they kick @#%.

skidst22.jpg

They have a Lifetime Warranty against breakage. They have a 3-piece set on sale & you can scoop them up for $68 w/ FREE shipping. It comes with Titanium Front & Rear Skid + Aluminun Full-Length Center Skid.

I highly recommend their stuff.

http://www.kbrockhoundz.com/

Later....:mex:

they have good prices! THanks

I wouldn't reccomend rpms skid for the front. It works like a shovel on hard nosed landings. I've ripped the threads out of aluminum bulks because of the rpm shovel on the front. If RPM made one that extended up to the front bumper, I'd buy 10 of them to hand out as parting gifts!

I just recently purchased the rc solutions skids for the front and rear, they are really nice. Pretty cheap too for as good as they are.

I am going to start making my own. I have all kinds of aluminum and stainless steel scrap sheets at work. My millwright buddy is making them up for me.

Back