Curious about 1/8 buggys :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool thanks. learn somthing every day :)

I had a chance to check out the 1/10th scale electric 4WD buggies at the Gas Nationals they hosted at my local track. http://crcrc.com/ They where pretty awsome, and alot cheaper over all I understand, but nothing compairs to an 1/8th scale buggy.

DarthRacer said:
[Darth Voice] Use the Force Plaidfish. Feel it flow! [/Darth Voice]

I will never sucumb to the dark side.......NEVER....well maybe if they bought me a brand new 1/8 scale setup I'd consider it.....

JESSE G, They might look kind of silly and they don't do wheelies ( and don't let anyone tell you otherwise ), but they are easily the fastest offroad R/C around. Then, once you get out on a track and compete with your buddies, it's all over. They got ya hook line and sinker.

They look awesome I havent even driven on and I want one lol

Driving a buggy is like no other RC. The weight to power ratio is insane. They are incredibly responsive and are the ultimate RC for racing. Its an experience you will never forget once you have had a taste.

Well, that would be a nice thought, but with all this damn rain, my brand spanking new Hyper 7 PCR sits 100% unused on the shelf.

bigfreak said:
they don't do wheelies ( and don't let anyone tell you otherwise )

I will have to step up to that one...I HAVE SEEN a K3 w/ an RB ws7 II do wheelies...very short but only cause it just flips sideways when it got too high.....

Plaidfish said:
I will have to step up to that one...I HAVE SEEN a K3 w/ an RB ws7 II do wheelies...very short but only cause it just flips sideways when it got too high.....

I would also step up to that one.....K3 w/Nova. P5 do wheelies for a short distance....but a wheelie regardless....

You shure it didn't hit a bump? LOL!!!!!!!!!

NO I'm Sure cause it kept doing it over and over, my friend was tuning it for an hour trying to get ready for the race that day and found the sweet spot right at the line of popping.....we laughed for a while then realized what we were doing to the engine and decided it should probably be a little leaner on the bottom....
I bought a 50t Spur gear and was going to put the 12t CB on my OFNA to see if I could do it w/ gearing but I have yet to put the stuff on......even got the 13t pinions for the diffs....

Last edited:
I was just kidding. I've had a pop or two out of either of my buggies. Just have to hit just right, and they will do it. Just not very high, or long, and it isn't going to flip on its back. Damn, I hate winter. Just thinking about it makes me want to go run some nitro!!!!!!!!!!

Hypedonrc said:
Damn, I hate winter. Just thinking about it makes me want to go run some nitro!!!!!!!!!!

I hear that. LHS is gettin their fuel order in this week or maybe the next. I'm thinkin about hittin our indoor track once I get my fuel.

JESSE, keep us posted if you get one. :cheers:

Plaidfish said:
NO I'm Sure cause it kept doing it over and over, my friend was tuning it for an hour trying to get ready for the race that day and found the sweet spot right at the line of popping.....we laughed for a while then realized what we were doing to the engine and decided it should probably be a little leaner on the bottom....
I bought a 50t Spur gear and was going to put the 12t CB on my OFNA to see if I could do it w/ gearing but I have yet to put the stuff on......even got the 13t pinions for the diffs....

glad to see I am not the only person pulling wheelies around here.........

Plaidfish said:
Sell your soul you will, feel the power of the force...drawing you closer.....I aspire to be the yoda of buggies....but right now I'm more like the jar-jar binks......

Hell.... if your Jar Jar.... then I am like those little kids that Yoda is training! I still have not yet figured out how to get my diffs out to take the grease out and fill with Silicone.... in my XTM XTERM!

Revo Rancher said:
Well, that would be a nice thought, but with all this damn rain, my brand spanking new Hyper 7 PCR sits 100% unused on the shelf.

Well its snowing here, and I have an Xterm Pro sitting NIB, well basically... I have added a few hopups here and there. New JP1 and I am getting ready to try and put Silicone in the Diffs... but other than that it has never seen a drop of Nitro.... hell I haven't even been able to paint the body... to cold for that too! Damn Winter!