crawler newbieee

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topgun542

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys i was thinking about getting a crawler and i have no clue what to look at or what to buy. any input would be awsoeme thanks!

Thats way to open of a question. Will you be competing? Whats your budget? Look around in here and see what some of the other guys are running. Maybe check out the picture sticky at the top of this forum.

yep if your not going to compete there is a couple decent RTR rigs for like backyard stuff.

ya it will mostly be for backyard stuff but maybe later down the road i might take it to a few comps.

A budget would help us give you better suggestions. If you're looking at around the $300 range, the Losi mini-crawler might be the ticket.

ya I'm lookin to about a 250 300 range. and if there were any pages about crawing and what all the terms mean and stuff would be gratefull. thanks

For that price and being you said just back yard crawling, I would suggest an Axial rtc. Plenty of room for improvement but not a bad rig out of the box for messing around. Not comp worthy imo though. Id stick with a 1/10 2.2 rig too personally for you first crawler.

ok thanks are there any pages around where i can learn more about crawling?

i was lookin at the axials and is the SCX10 any good?

It isnt a crawler. Its a scaler. But its a good scaler.

lol ya i found that out after i posted another one i was lookin at was the AX10 SCORPION

x10 on the rtc great starter rig and plenty of mods if you want to go mild or wild

ok thanks for all the help

one more thing.... how long is the run time on the batterys that come with the axial AX10?

I dont know what battery's if any come with the rtc, but I would guess prolly around 30 minutes or more maybe, they'd prolly be something like a 1500 or something mah pack...

You could get a saddle pack for your front axle to keep your wieght as low as possible too.

http://www.rpphobby.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MA1600-6

Last edited:
that comes with it ? i didn't know they were included but out of a 7cell 1500mah i get over an hour easy what type you got there can you be more specific

that comes with it ? i didn't know they were included but out of a 7cell 1500mah i get over an hour easy what type you got there can you be more specific

Are you asking me this? No the battery I linked to would just be an upgrade, I have no idea what comes with the rtc, I'm not a shafty buyer.

Back