Cool Tip: Tired Of Losing Body Clips?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ricers dont suck, you do.

The story begins with ricers: It first began when Japanese race enthusiasts began to enhance their style of their car and body as the racing went on, it spread on to the US. The name ricer began with people saying to other people because of their nationality and what they ate. It began to start the RICING trend. And about the story of Fast and the Furious was just BASED on street racing not the true thing. So stop bitching about that. You would know that the Dodge Charger 67 would beat it. But, in other cases American cars cannot be ricers. You guys havent seen the last of ricers. You may judge them because of their body kits, or their massive wings, but its all in the fun of putting what items you want on the car, not anything else. Like my car, the Toyota Cressida 1989, i kept it plain and simple with ground effects body kit to make it look like its lower. I changed the transmission since it was an automatic car, added a turbo, changed the intakes, added a muffler(high performance not one of those loud ones) and nitrous oxide. But i wouldnt consider this car as a ricer, people actually judge ricers probably because they have wings. I think you guys are bsing the true beauty of the japanese bred cars. Just my 4,000,312,3231,213,554,343,647, 895 cents

The only "true beauty" in a japanese car is the way they were designed stock. period.

Just a few little facts about cars and body kits and whatnot...

Wings on the BACK of a front wheel drive car DO NOTHING, they are actually detrimental to the handling at high speeds, since downforce theoretically puts force on the BACK of the car, the FRONT wheels technically loose traction.

Body kits DO NOT improve the aerodynamics of a car, they mearly add to the looks(For better or worse is in mine/your opinion.)

Ground effects are a cheap mans lowering kit... (No offense intended here to anyone with ground effects... I just can't stand them... IMHO)

And, finally... This is not meant to offend anyone who drives a car and has these mod's done to it. I've seen way WAY too many 16 year olds come to my friends shop wanting body modifications done, mearly thinking that it will make the car faster. Now, graphite/carbonfiber, is a completely different story.

Just because a car "looks" fast, does not mean that it is "fast"

Once again, just my 2cents...

(Also, on a side note, RyCe? What turbo do you have? and also, you did'nt happen to add it to the 7MGE that the Cressida came with did you?)

Originally posted by KMN
The only "true beauty" in a japanese car is the way they were designed stock. period.

Just a few little facts about cars and body kits and whatnot...

Wings on the BACK of a front wheel drive car DO NOTHING, they are actually detrimental to the handling at high speeds, since downforce theoretically puts force on the BACK of the car, the FRONT wheels technically loose traction.

Body kits DO NOT improve the aerodynamics of a car, they mearly add to the looks(For better or worse is in mine/your opinion.)

Ground effects are a cheap mans lowering kit... (No offense intended here to anyone with ground effects... I just can't stand them... IMHO)

And, finally... This is not meant to offend anyone who drives a car and has these mod's done to it. I've seen way WAY too many 16 year olds come to my friends shop wanting body modifications done, mearly thinking that it will make the car faster. Now, graphite/carbonfiber, is a completely different story.

Just because a car "looks" fast, does not mean that it is "fast"

Once again, just my 2cents...

(Also, on a side note, RyCe? What turbo do you have? and also, you did'nt happen to add it to the 7MGE that the Cressida came with did you?)

YOUR WRONG. Body kits do improve aerodynamics and downforce. Only a couple made by west wings do. They are tested in a wind tunnel. If i knew how to post pics i would show you some...
[move]-Kellen[/move]

the rusty had no body on or did it i can't rember but ya it got stuck the thing wasent lowered it was stock highth

Rusty???:confused:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

rustler thats what everyone calls them

Originally posted by SilentHunterKellen

YOUR WRONG. Body kits do improve aerodynamics and downforce. Only a couple made by west wings do. They are tested in a wind tunnel. If i knew how to post pics i would show you some...
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Exactly my point, only a couple, and I can almost guarantee you they are'nt for a civic(I was talking about econocars). Also, a body kit's not gonna do jack for downforce, ever watched an IRL race? Those wings take care of downforce.

Oh yeah, and it's "You're Wrong" not YOUR WRONG...:D

Originally posted by KoRnKiD
rustler thats what everyone calls them

I call mine "DAMN YOU !!! START!!!"

Ok, you know how we buy rc cars and hop them up. thats basically what ricers are doin with their cars, almost like a hobby:contract:

Originally posted by Blakedude409
Ok, you know how we buy rc cars and hop them up. thats basically what ricers are doin with their cars, almost like a hobby:contract:

Except ours accelerate MUCH faster... :banana: :banana:

Ok my two cents. Ricers are nice cars imports i mean they arent bad my sister has an accord that is a nice car but the waypeople supposley "hop them up" is pathetic! how they add that stupid exhaust pipes that make the most AWFUL noise is pathetic for crying out loud put some flow masters on them or somithing and the way that they put wings and body kits are STUPID wings are for birds and airplanes not cars they just look good. body kits are ok but if you live in a place like oregon or anywere else that has lots of bumbs and hills there stupid because you have to swurve to avoid them. The graphics that sompeople put on there cars are kinda cool i can see putting those on cars. But the point of hoping up a 4 banger is pointless.

You know what really makes me laugh is one time when my dad and me went to go get his paycheck we stopped at a red light and this ricer pulled up next to us. And he started trash talking our car (witch is a almost stock 99 buick regal). He was all " i bet that thing can't even do 50 " And my dad goes wanna bet? so the light turned green and woof were off and no iam not lying my dad got in a street race with a rice rocket. So to make a long story short my dad won yes i said my DAD WON! It was so frekin funny we were laughing all the way home.

Ohh and by the way the buick has a supercharger STOCK! so do ricers feel a little :doc: OWNED!

That happend to me too! I was ridin in wit my cousin in his 98 Accord (stock) and this Yellow(LEMON YELLOW) Civic H-back pulls up to us and starts over-revving his engine. So in response, we REV a nice lil rev and he looks over. We look back and then look at the light. BAM! Green, we almost did a little burnout in a stop-light! we beat him by like 3 seconds to the next stoplight. He pulled up to us again and he tried not to look at us. All his friend in the back of the car were laughing. Man!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Just remember who builds the ricers........The same people who bombed us at Pearl Harbor.

And silent, i think you won because he had lots of people in his car, with these ricers, they can't handle the extra weight, even with 500 pounds of nos and other crap stuffed into it. Its meant for 1 person, not 3 the little engines can't take it.

Originally posted by Skipper
Just remember who builds the ricers........The same people who bombed us at Pearl Harbor

Yeah and those damn commies, we should take down the Berlin Wall right now! 'Same people who bombed us at Pearl Harbor?' The Civic is being made in Europe, the Accord is being made in Ohio, and Alabama has just built a manufacturing plant. Last I remember the U.S. is in good terms with Japan.
You could say all you want about ricers, but get your facts right. Don't back up your rhetoric with ignorant rants. Imperialistic Japan is long gone with.

Why do you have to mix this with your disdain for ricers. You hate those little 4 bangers, then you hate em.

Back