Chip's 1976 Jimmy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Fellas how has it been hanging ? I have not been on here in a while whats been happening ? I have been fighting kidney cancer and all that good stuff the chemo was been kicking my butt,I am a fighter. So I says with the help from GOD and all I say bring it cause cancer sux anyway. I am still playing with guns and finally got my Jimmy done see below VVVVV I got out of R/C but I am getting a Wrath ASAP! I guess I will start over with the RC cars.... :\

I just finished up a GM 5.3 swap into the truck and I replaced everything from the fuel tank to the fuel rail on the motor with new parts. The fuel system is all plumbed in -06 Aeroquip socketless hose and -06 socketless fittings. I replaced the tank with a brand new tank and sending unit for a 1991 Jimmy and put the pump in the tank. I used a Holley/Walbro 255 LPH forced induction pump in the tank and a regulator/filter from a 99 to 03 Vette. I am the 4th owner of this truck and this truck is an original Arizona truck so there is very little rust on it at all. I have receipts for everything that has been done to this truck and it adds up to 27K. The only thing I don't have any receipts on is the axles which came from a 1986 CUCV with 28,XXX miles on it.

008.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

I just replace the radiator with a new one from Jegs I put a fan shroud and a 16 inch HD 2200 CFM E fan.

Radiator and E fan

1300316721.jpg

The power steering and trasmission coolers are plumbed in -06 socketless hose and -06 socketless fittings.

Power steering cooler

Transmission cooler

Fan switch

Specs :

GM 5.3 from a 2006 GMC Sierra with 38,XXX miles on it
Motor, harness and PCM came from Pacific Fabrication<-- These guys are GREAT!
Street and Performance LS motor swap plates.
Fleabay cold air intake.... basically a 4 inch 90 a 4 to 3 1/2 reducer for the mass air flow sensor and a K&N clamp on with a outerwear. It is nothing fancy but it is good as a wet dream!
Hughes performance flex plate and Tq converter spacer.
Motor has mid length ceramic coated headers from Street and Performance
for a 5.3 swap into a 1973 to 87 GM Truck. I used a single Dynomax x flow muffler and no cats. The truck sounds great!
New Taylor 10.4 wires, Taylor plug boots and with Bosch Platinum plugs
Flushed out the engine when we swapped it in. All I have ever ran in the motor is 5W20 Royal Purple oil.
Truckshop Performance tune that really woke up this motor!
Two new Diehard batteries with a 100 month warranty that breaks down like this 36 month free replacement and 64 month pro rated replacement.
New hydoboost brake system complete from the brake booster to the rearend it stops great and drives like a Caddy!
The inside of the tub has been Line X'ed
3000 watt continuous 6000 watt max inverter
New 31 gallon fuel tank with skid and very nice rear offroad bumper

Dana 60 front
Lock Right
1/4 Diff Cover
4:56 gears
New rotors, calipers and studs
New Wheel bearings
King Pins reworked
2.5 inch BDS front springs
ORD HD grease able shackles
ORD sway bar dico
ORD Steering box brace

14 Bolt rear
Detroit locker
4:56 gears
1/4 Diff cover
U joint / yoke rock guard
Rear disc conversion
New bearings and seals
shock mounts moved
axle perches moved
4 inch BDS rear springs
ORD HD grease able shackles

Built TH400
6 bolt round adapter
6 bolt round NP 205
New bearings, gaskets and seals in the NP 205

New 17X9 Pro Comp 1069 wheels with new 36X13.50X17 Irok bias tires. The tires have 78 miles on them and measure out the same as a 37x14.00X17 Irok which is 36.8 inches.

I would drive this thing anywhere in the U.S. Since the motor swap I have put about 500 miles on the truck and it runs flawlessly!

Damn that is one badass ride man!!! That will be my next pickup is the Jimmy or K5 or maybe even the cherokee! Nicely scored thus far bud!

Damn that is one badass ride man!!! That will be my next pickup is the Jimmy or K5 or maybe even the cherokee! Nicely scored thus far bud!

Everything has a price, If you want this one I will sale it if the coin is right...:hehe:

Would $12,940 and two S&W .380 mags take it? HAHA

If I only had the coin to drop.... Thanks to this hobby & chapter 7 bankruptcy.....

That's the same engine I have in my GMC Sierra, how do you like that air intake?

Always wondered how she was coming along. Great job man...

Looking almost as good as some of your scalers, Chip.

Would $12,940 and two S&W .380 mags take it? HAHA
Sure!
If I only had the coin to drop.... Thanks to this hobby & chapter 7 bankruptcy.....
I hear ya!
That's the same engine I have in my GMC Sierra, how do you like that air intake?
It does ok, I want a plastic set up but those run $300.00 plus... This one was 49.99 off of fleabay
Always wondered how she was coming along. Great job man...
Thanks man!

Looking almost as good as some of your scalers, Chip.
This one is cooler it has REAL rust! :hehe:

Everyone just notices the truck,which is nice, but I'm glad to hear you're doing ok with fighting the cancer. The truck is a bonus :)

You Really should put the 6.6 duramax in it, the LML 397hp and 770ftpounds I think I could be wrong but some where around their.

You Really should put the 6.6 duramax in it, the LML 397hp and 770ftpounds I think I could be wrong but some where around their.
Real diesels pistons are all in a row! LOL I am c Cummins fan! I though about putting a 4BT in it and laying the fuel and air to it. But 4BTs are high as Giraffe butt holes. LOL

Well I figured I would do a little update to this thread. I picted up a set of five Hutchinson double beadlock wheel the other day. I have been wanting a set of beadlocks but most are not DTOD approved wheels. I have been looking for five wheels like these for about two years. I also had to buy five new tires since the wheels on my Jimmy were a 17X9 and the Hutchinson wheels are a 16X8. An way here is the before and after shots. I like the look of my old wheels but the function of the Hutchinson wheels make it worth the swap. I also read some here Hutchinson/GM charge the U.S. Border Patrol a $1000.00 for these wheels new THAT IS NUTS!

Before

2011-09-16095720.jpg

The new wheel
2011-10-10171720.jpg

2011-10-10171729.jpg

2011-10-10171741.jpg

Hutchinson made the wheels for GM

2011-10-10171750.jpg

Teaser before powder coat

2011-10-13110626.jpg

Front wheel halves back from powder coat

2011-10-19184053.jpg

2011-10-20161308.jpg

2011-10-20161317.jpg

2011-10-20161331.jpg

Last edited:
nice truck you have built there!!!! I love the older blazers and that looks bad ass!! And I hope your health is doing alot better aswell I read it in the older posts.... you should get some fottage of that thing in action!!

Havnt you had it for sale on pirate for a while now? No bites?

Havnt you had it for sale on pirate for a while now? No bites?

Yea a few bites but I am not budging on my price of $10,000.00

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk