Cell Phones

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nextel rocks...just got my service like a month ago its great. AT&T can kiss my arse. Their customer service is terrible. Once they sell ya the phone they really dont do much else to help ya out. they did tell me to try and stand in a different area of my house to get better service (this was after a yr of perfect service and then I lost it all no calls right to voice mail) thats when I said go screw anyone else thing we should :ban: att?

Ok take it from a telecom engineer working in wireless and cellular. It all depends on the area you are in the only reliable place that Cingular works really well is east coast. Sprint rocks in San diego Ca. Verizon is pretty damn good now that they are using 1X Technology;Sprint too. AT&T is still in its infant phase using GSM and GPRS. Cingular and AT&T still use TDMA and now GSM AND GPRS. NEXTEL is OK but since their patent wore off in the WALKIE TALKIE feature Verizon jumped on it. Only thing is that Verizon there is a delay in the walkie talkie feature. Hit me up and I will give you my opinion. Good luck!

One big thing of note on Nextel (and to me this is a plus) the service DOES NOT work well once you get into the great outdoors. I'm not talking about suburbs of big cities, I'm talking good ole mountain country. Seems as if Nextel service was designed to work where most people work. If you wonder off into the woods for camping, forget about it. To me, this is the biggest plus there is. I'm on call 24x7 with my job. When I go on vacation or take a weekend in the backwoods, my cell does not work. Its actually a relief!!!!!!!! I'm just happy I'm not a doctor or peoples lives dont depend on me lol.