Cell phone Mp3 help..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Samsung SGH-t629 cell phone (Tmobile) and it has a mp3 player in it. It comes with 32mb internal which holds like 4-5 songs, so I bought a 1gig SD micro memory card and when I try to download music into it, it wants to put it in the phone instead of the card. The phone recongnizes the card, and even shows a small little card image on my screen. So I thought Id flip open to ol' instructiosn manual and it says "Call your provider for instructions". So I called Tmobile and they couldnt tell me much and told me thatd Id have to call samsung (on monday).. Can anyone here help me out and point me in the right direction? Otherwise Ill have to wait till monday to talk to samsung.. Lemme know. Thanks

It would try to find an adapter for that micro SD, so it can be put in to a card reader.

I have the samsung t-809 and it looks almost identical except its black. If it has the same software I should be able to help you. Go into the Menu and go into FUN & APPS. Then go into File manager. Then go into Music, then into My Music. When the songs come up, highlight the one you want to move and press the left key that corresponds with Options. From there you should see Move to Memory. If that works, I have a way to allow you to put the mp3s on your phone as ringtones also.

I don't mean to highjack your thread 4U2NV, but do you like your phone? I'm thinking about getting one.

I have the samsung t-809 and it looks almost identical except its black. If it has the same software I should be able to help you. Go into the Menu and go into FUN & APPS. Then go into File manager. Then go into Music, then into My Music. When the songs come up, highlight the one you want to move and press the left key that corresponds with Options. From there you should see Move to Memory. If that works, I have a way to allow you to put the mp3s on your phone as ringtones also.

My "Move to memory" is a off grayish color and wont let me do anything. When I do the "add music from>Memory card" its like that too... hmm...

Karl, other than whats been going on with my music stuff, I love the phone. Has great options, easy to talk on, easy to use (Except this..lol), probably my favorite phone I've used. Only thing that bugs me, is when a person talks on it, the screen is pressed on there cheek and gets all smudged up. Other than that, I think its a great phone.

My "Move to memory" is a off grayish color and wont let me do anything. When I do the "add music from>Memory card" its like that too... hmm...

Don't take this the wrong way but is the memory card in the right way round? Does it need formatting before use??

Last edited:
Yeah I think its in the right way.. It only went it the one way. When I 1st put it in it asked if I wanted to format it and I said yes. There wasn't a 32mb card, its just internal memory. I transfered songs into the memory on the phone no problem, but when I try to add more it says insufficiant funds..

Yeah I think its in the right way.. It only went it the one way. When I 1st put it in it asked if I wanted to format it and I said yes. There wasn't a 32mb card, its just internal memory. I transfered songs into the memory on the phone no problem, but when I try to add more it says insufficiant funds..

Sorry miss understood the 32mb cause mine came with one. Did the card you purchased come with the adapter, cause it sounds like the only way to put music on the card would be with a card reader.

nope. It came just the chip in a small plastic protective case thingy..