Phone Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so its that time again, time for a phone upgrade. After barrowing old phones from friends and crap and buying wallmart specials just to use my cingular account I'm finnaly avalible for upgrade again. I had a motorola rokr for about 10 months when I first got my plan from cingular(at&t). Phone was bitchen, great pic's, i-tunes, the works, then it just up and died. So I used a old phone up till now. Now I want to upgrade to a good phone like I had. I'm lookin at the Blackjack, Blackberry Pearl, I-phone(last on list due to price). I was wondering what you guys thought of the phones I mentioned above. I have heard the blackjack is good for everyday people, and going on the internet, and music. I would love a I-phone but there way to much money, but what are your feelings on them? I'm looking for a non-flip phone with a great camera, that I can transfer pics to my computer. A great mp3 player that will play threw the phones speakers. And good quality. Any help is great. Thanks for your time guys.

Bryson

iPhone, I have the 4GB, if you search you can find a 4GB pretty reasonable on eBay or maybe at a store. The Pearl is a pile. As a former Blackberry user I know several people that bought the Pearl for the size and then took it back to get the bigger better Blackberry's. The 8800 is prolly one of the better Blackberry's currently available. My bro-in-law has a Backjack, it's ok but he has problems with getting a good signal with it.

Ok I have done more research for the iphone. Its actually pretty sick, and they lowerd the price a good deal. I think ill end up geting this one. Is it hard to set up, like can you just throw your sim card in it, or do you have to have them set it up. Thanks Jet,

Bryson

It comes with a Sim card. You just download the latest iTunes (free) and then hook up the phone. It will ask you if you are an existing customer and transferring a number, etc. It's really simple.

Beings its the same price either way, contract or no contract, I have decided to get the iphone for christmas or sometime later maby the price will drop again. For now I'm just going to get the blackjack, I dont pay for my bill luckly, my moms friend just added me, so ill get what ever she wants me to get. I could pay her back, but I really want to get a exhaust, and sound system for my truck, so thats top priority. Thanks for the help. Hopefully ill get good enough connection lol, but I'm shure I will.

Bryson

Well I dug out this old thread again. After a long deliberiation, I got the blackjack. I was thinking ok easy to use, no problem phone, wrong! First off the thing that attracted me to it was I could put music on it and play it threw the speakers. Well the F-in thing wont connect to my computer, just says there is no mail clinet, what ever that is. Then some of my friends numbers didnt transfer from my old phone, so I go to save them, call them to confirm it works, and it says this number is unreachable. WTF! I made shure its the right number. Dialed it and called it whiched worked, but it wont call from the saved contact. I'm pretty pissed right now. My computer isnt that old, only 2 years and it was the top of the line 2 years ago from dell, at least it cost enough 2g's should give you every bell and whistle to use every frigin thing imaginable. I knew I should have got the iphone, but I wanted to be differnt so now I'm paying the price. Anyone have any sugestions id appreciate it. Oh ya and jet you were right on the connection, it is crappier then even my cheap-o nokia.

Bryson

When did you get it? I think AT&T has a 10 or 14 day return policy. Bring it in and tell em it's a pile and that you want to get an iPhone.

I have...had the Kyocera. Non flip. I hated it. It got hot against my ear, and buttons were always being hit by mistake just by leaning against something. I just went for the Motorola Razr, and It's just the greatest phone I've ever used. $279, and on top of that I also got the bluetooth wireless. A lot of bells and whistles, but just a really great phone. A GREAT phone.

I think the RAZR, is prolly one of the best phone-phone's out there today. If you need just a phone it's the way to go. I'm saddled with the electronic leash as I call it so they can get me by e-mail if I hit the ignore button when the damn thing starts to ring!

I'm actually really happy with my Sony Ericsson 850i.
Great phone-phone...lol
2 mega pix camera
good MP3 player(speakers are just OK)
Only bad part is using their memory stick(a dou-pro).....its just a little more $$
For the $$$ not a bad deal at all. NOT an i-phone or anything....but a good deal.

I had a Razr V3xx when I was with AT&T. Solid phone and it also could play MP3 files. I also liked the removable micro SD card for storage.

When did you get it? I think AT&T has a 10 or 14 day return policy. Bring it in and tell em it's a pile and that you want to get an iPhone.

HUH! I'm going to check on this. The only thing is my moms friend got it for me and id feel kinda poopy if I took back such a nice gift. And without a reciet(spellin)? But today I finally figuared out how to save a number, you have to do it to sim, not to phone memory. Then the computer thing is the only thing that kinda pisses me off. Id love to be able to put music on the thing. I can't belive that my computer is that out of date, or one program would restrict me from doing so. Idk. Ill have to give it another shot tomarrow to hook it up. Tonight I'm pretty burnt out, after spending 13 hours on a boat fishing. I took some pic's and they look really good on the phone though, now if I could only hook them up to my computer lol.

Bryson

Like the others have said, get the RAZR V3XX. Excellent phone and very easy to use. Speaker phone works well and screen is pretty sharp and easy to read.