car wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xplizit

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi i have had my rascal since about christmas but i havent run it for a while about 3 months (when the weather was cold) but now the weather is hot my car wont start it starts then stalls i think it needs tuning but I'm not sure on to lean or richen it and by how much the glowstarter is working and charged up so that one is out of the question yes i primed it so thats another out of the question i realy think it needs tuning

:\:\:\

edit : when i put it away 3 months ago i put after run oil in too to stop bad things happening :p

Last edited:
set the needles back to factory settings it should be able to stay started so you can go from there, factory is rich.

set the needles back to factory settings it should be able to stay started so you can go from there, factory is rich.

ok doing the lawn then will get the book out to find out what factory settings are for it i think its 2 1/2 turns not sure will have a read :p

thanks

both are different but if you have the book you should be good, or look online. What kind of truck/car?

I'd throw a new glow plug in it and be sure and use fresh fuel.

yes its fresh fuel as i didnt have any left from last time i have a spare glowplug i will throw in it too thanks for advice

always start on the rich side!it wont hurt the engine ..

Let us know how it goes for ya.

took it out just came back in working fine now :D just another question when i have used a tank of fuel and re-filled it am i safe starting up or shall i wait for it to cool down again?

just been running one tank letting cool before start again but didnt know if could just start imediatly after stopping it

As long as your temps are steady and safe, you can run all day. Glad to hear it's fixed.

Was it setting it back to factory settings that fixed it?

Was it setting it back to factory settings that fixed it?

well i went to factory settings and changed glow plug started first time so dont know if it was factory settings or new glowplug that fixed it