Another leaking car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Help, when I start the engine, it starts sometimes for half a second very lean with high rpm and then dies. When pulling the starter and when the engine runs, there's fuel spraying in each direction but it's impossible to see where it comes from. It's kinda sad as this was my fave smallblock engine and it still has total compression. It always started right away and tuned very nice.

I've been struggling with this for the past 2 months

Help, when I start the engine, it starts sometimes for half a second very lean with high rpm and then dies. When pulling the starter and when the engine runs, there's fuel spraying in each direction but it's impossible to see where it comes from. It's kinda sad as this was my fave smallblock engine and it still has total compression. It always started right away and tuned very nice.

I've been struggling with this for the past 2 months

The most likely culprit is where the cooling head meets the engine block/ head gasket. If it got smacked hard in a flip/crash, it can jar it loose. Removing the head, cleaning it carefully so that no grit gets into it (or the cylinder!), and then tightening it back on might help.

It could also be the exhaust gasket, same thing but you'll need a new fiber exhaust gasket (assuming it's a side-exhaust engine)

It could be the front bearing, but that's relatively unlikely based on your description.

Thank you I haven't tried that👍

The most likely culprit is where the cooling head meets the engine block/ head gasket. If it got smacked hard in a flip/crash, it can jar it loose. Removing the head, cleaning it carefully so that no grit gets into it (or the cylinder!), and then tightening it back on might help.

It could also be the exhaust gasket, same thing but you'll need a new fiber exhaust gasket (assuming it's a side-exhaust engine)

It could be the front bearing, but that's relatively unlikely based on your description.
Hi again, I finally made some shots of when I rotated the engine with wd40:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5p6rwmgqdcjpoho/Oilleak_ALPS.mp4/file
I can see that the oil comes actually from the bearing🤦 The cause might be that I once removed the crank, cleaned it and put it back in. Why? Out of curiousity😂 I never saw a crank shaft myself before.

High chance I put it back together the wrong way, I heard someone say you should make the crankshaft cold first before putting it into bearings...