Cannister filter?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerplunk206

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone sell a cannister filter (oiled cloth or foam filter inside a solid enclosure) for nitro vehicles like you might find for a full sized race car, orv, etc... ??

I'm assuming you mean an air filter?

Motosavers makes a damn nice off road filter. The 1/8 buggy filters look more like an enclosed cannister if you just want the looks.

yeah..i mean filter...I've got my first nitro (savage ss) truck a few weeks back and I notice that the tunning changes as the filter gets dirty and since i have to deal with the leaning issues at half tank anyway, I just was wondering if there was a filter that breathed better even when dirty....fewer variables

My ful scale buggy uses an unoiled paper filter inside an aluminum canister. We've run it for two seasons through mud, silt, sand, rocks, etc. and the paper is still nearly white...we just rebuilt the motor and there's not a speck of dirt in it, so I was hoping that someone was using similar tech at the 1/8 scale...

I'm on my way today to get an aftermarket filter at my lhs anyway...

K&N makes paper filters and they seem ok to me. Some of the guys here dont like them. Personally I have never used one so I have no refernce other than the K&N name.

I can go through an entire day of bashing in dust and dirt and all kinds of grime with my buggy and dont notice any difference. Even when the inside of my buggy is absolutely filthy the air filter never seems clogged. A little dirty around the opening but never completely brown.

You can see the black "cannister" in front of the cooling head here:
660Rear-med.JPG

that's the motorsaver? that was the kinda thing i was looking for...

Get a Motor Save and several extra filter eliments. Some use regular filter oil but I have always just used standard 2 cycle oil and worked it into the foam then paper towel out the excess. Put a few in a plastic bag and change as soon as they are getting pretty dirty or after each heat (if racing).
Just my suggestions.

thanks for the advice....

Back