burnin up plugs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j dog

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
has anyone else had a problem with their x burning up plugs alot. We run the mcoy 59's in it now and 20% traxxas top fuel. they burn up in a few minutes sometimes. The engine seems to run fine now , mabye a little rich for bashing but we can't figure out why they die out so fast. any help? thanks

Well you might want to switch fuel, I was never able to use Top fuel in anything but a Traxxas engine.

Try a o.s #8 plug and switch fuel's.

McCoy 59 plugs are what I used to run before I went to turbo plugs. I ran those on Trinity Monster Horsepower 20%, and never had a problem. I popped maybe 3 plugs, but they lasted for over a gallon each.

may go with hpi 20 or 30% fuel......i had problems with cold turboplugs so switched to medium turboplugs.......went through 2 mediums in 6 months & i run it at least 3 times a week......

Running a stock 4.1, I'd recommend a O.S. #8, or A5. Also, you're probably fouling your plug due to the high content of oil in the top fuel.

When your plug goes out, is the element black, or grey?

we bought some new plugs and he djusted the idle to 1mm. the idle is perfect there. i'll let him know about the high oil content in the top fuel. I think the plug was gummed up a little when they would go out. we got it ripping great the last two days though. thanks everyone

Back