buggy stalling when brake applied ?????????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderstorm

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Had to remove motor to replace a screw on the pull cord, while removin the mototr i had to remove the throttle arm and throttle plastic T bar from the throttle servo... but now that I've put it 2gether again n back to where i thought it was before..... now everytime that i apply the brake.... the motor cuts out......... because the caby gab shuts up to much n stalls the engine......

any help is much appreciated people.....

cheers.....

its either you idle gap is too small or your clutch springs are toast

I am guessing the idle gap is set too small. Set the idle while you hold the throttle in the brake position.

You may still need to adjust your linkage or carb settings after you set that properly

If your clutch is bad though, it will cause this and your idle screw won't help.

Good luck!

I have to agree with NC and Rolex. Before you diagnose it as a more serious issue i'd try the idle gap. Hold it at full brake, then adjust it. 2-3mm

Sorry i was speaking more or less what mine runs on. I was thinking of how mine sometimes needs 3mm to start, then wound down to 2mm. But idle is 1-2mm. My mistake!

Back