Budget Bling and Bash SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, just offer the neighbors some crack and u'll be good to go. lol
And +1 on the exposed clutch bell, i have had no problems and I've been covered with stuff. Look at my dirty girl pix and u'll see.

Hahah, I chased socer player around once and it was kind of funny at first then they tried to play socer with my revo lol. I can't frigin waitttt to get this sucker going. Duntober fest is going to be a F-in blast. Ohhh man, I can't wait! One day ill get my GBE side bleed, but this pipe will have to do for a while.

I just built my rear shocks last night and still have to play with the oil and bleeding, but man are they smooth.

wait until you get into sand. lol for the most part you ll be fine but if you run in sand, your clutch will dissapear faster than a doughnut in the green room on the View. lmao

Even if I get a enclosed clutch carrier it will still be a problem? I thought that that was the point of geting a enclosed carrier. Eventually ill be getting the lutenbacher clutch or what ever its called. lol.

na, you should be fine if you go for an enclosed system now and install the lauterbacher later. you shouldnt see any more heat with the covered carrier than without one, regardless of what some folks think. Closed clutching systems have been used for years without issues.

T

Cool thanks man, Its now right up on the top of the buy list before dunetoberfest for shure. I'm actually going to go with the turtle racing clutch system, and am going to order it friday so ill have it by next weekend. I'm going to run this bell till its junk, heard the aluminum wears out really fast when bashing, but oh well it was like 5 bucks lol. I like the fact that on the new system, the bell has a bigger stronger pinion bolt!

Ok lol, this is getting out of hand but who cares, I havent even started this thing yet, I've got almost 1900 into it, and still havent started it! And on top of it all, another 800 bucks to go lol! I think I'm sick in the head or something, I know my parents think I am lol. After my revo build my dad still shakes his head when I head out the door with it in hand. Then come out side sees it fly down the street at 50 and content with that goes back in the house lol. I was thinking about it the other night at work, if I had every dollar I spent in this hobby, I could buy my friging 09 mustang gt bullet special edition that I want, damn! One day ill own that car! :D

I couldnt stand it any longer! I lost my mind today and went to the hobby shop and spent 200 bucks so I could start this frigin thing. I walked out the door with a JR9000S and a TGN reciver pack. Came home and beat threw the rest of the build. I have more pics and will post them later lol. All thats left is painting the lid, and installing the wing. I even went down to wally world today and picked up a gas can, my dad came home and goes "whats this for"? I laughed and said dad its 2 stroke, he shook his head and said I dont want to know!

So I got around to painting the rest of the body last night. Screwed up in one spot that kind of pissed me off but oh well its a basher, already got plans for the next paint scheem. Looks freakin sweet all together. I walked into my room yesterday and my dad was standing there admiring it and he said "nice truck". Then at the off road show yesterday, they had a baja 5t and my dad was like this this is sweet. Wonder if I can talk him into getting into it, probally not but ill try at least. I started it for about 2 minutes yesterday, and before I even picked up my controller and headed across the street, neighbors were coming out like wtf is going on out here? lol. I'm really impressed by this car, size, power, and just the look, differnt then the 1/10 scale monster trucks I'm used to anyway. I'm going to pick up that turttle clutch system this week hopefully, and then get a set of paddles next week, and then I'm ready for duntoberfest if I go. The group I normally go camping with is going out to the desert that weekend and id love to go ridding, but Ill just see what I feel like doing when the time comes. Tomarrow I hope on going somewhere in the moring for a few minutes to putt this thing around for a few minutes. Anyway, pretty sick from sitting in the sun all day at the air show, so to the point lol, heres the pics!
CIMG0541.jpg

CIMG0542.jpg

CIMG0543.jpg

CIMG0544.jpg

CIMG0545.jpg

CIMG0546.jpg

CIMG0547.jpg

CIMG0548.jpg

CIMG0549.jpg

CIMG0550.jpg

CIMG0551.jpg

CIMG0553.jpg

CIMG0554.jpg

Thats all for now, more to come as more hop ups come in. Thanks for looking! :D

Thanks man. I see a scorpian chassie brace coming in my future soon to, lol.

So today I went out and tried running for a few across the street in the green belt in my complex. I'm a little dissapointed you could almost say. I dont know whats up but it just seems to scream, but only do 20 mph. Sounds fast, but is slower then my rc18mt with a stock motor! I dont know if its the turtle bell I have on there or what. 45 minutes on this tank is going to see like forever lol. Also The clutch engagement is like really delayed. Kind of weird I thought.

adjustable clutch? how does the rear end move when you take the spur off? is it smooth and free, or does it seem to have ALOT of resistance. check your brake setup, sometimes when new they are really tight.

also keep in mind its bigger so it may not look as fast, but in reality, its covering alot of ground quick. could be an optical, but i trust your speed judgement.

Yes it has resistance with the spur off, thats where i first noticed the problem. Speed wise, put it this way, my dad on a restored to new, 1979 honda Z50 was right next to it, I was balls to the wall for about 2 seconds. I was expecting more but oh well, maby a gearing change is needed. Heres a quicky vid I made.

[ame=http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/BigB1489/?action=view&current=MOV-0001.flv]
th_MOV-0001.jpg
[/ame]

Well I have the feeling that my hobby shop wont have any turtle hd clutches friday after reading all the post over at hbf, soooo, tommarrow I'm going to be late to school and go put the credit card to use lol. I can't help it, that clutch system is just so nice, and the bigge pinion bolt I feel is going to be a must at dunetoberfest. After the clutch its a set of paddles, then at the event I hope to pick up a chassie brace of either deigo, or scorpion. So thats the plan at this point. Tommarow I'm going to go to the local park early and drive around for a few to get half way threw this first tank, before the cops come lol.

Thanks for your help timmahh, you have really helped me in some decisions here and over at hbf.

Well I skiped school for a bit today and went to the hobby shop to rack up some cabellas club card points lol. I got my turtle HD Clutch set up. Nice peace, but I'm a little dissapointed as to the tranny plate got really scratched during shipping, but oh well shouldnt hurt performance. Ill get install pics up tonight or tommarow.

Back