brushless jato

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JATOdriver

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
has anyone ever attempted this to convert the jato to brushless. It dosent look to be that hard to accomplish, I'm thinkin of atepting it, just wondering is anyone had b4
thanx daniel

I think the jato might be a good platform to do a brushless conversion on. SweetDiesel is our resident electric expert he may chime in with some good pointers. The only issue I can see is where to put the battery......

i was looking at that you could always build a top deck like the rusty. or you could run daul hump pack like the b44 on either side, i was thinking about putting a 4t mamba max on it then swithching it out to an EZ-RUN for the track i bet with the suspension geometry of the jato it would be a great track truckyou think the e-revo mount would work or would it have to be fabricated( never really paid any attention to the revo but i guess it couldnt be that much different)

i just thought of something my rusty does 76mph with the 7700kv mamba max and 2c venom lipo on it and its only a single speed
HEHE

You are on the right track, a truck the size and weight of the Jato would do well with an 1/8th scale power plant. At a minimum I'd run a 60mm length can rated for 2700 KV or lower, and 3-4S lipo packs. I'd lock it in 2nd gear also.

For a motor mount you can make a simple L bracket from aluminum stock. Or you could try one of the universal ebay mounts which use the nitro engine mounts.

Speed is overrated IMO. Nowadays almost all my rigs are geared to run about 40-45 max. Plenty fast and controllable.