Bond month on AMC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossb

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Am I the only one watching the James Bond movies every night on the AMC channel? In the past few days I've watched You Only Live Twice, Goldfinger, Live and Let Die, Man with the Golden Gun, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, and Octopussy. These movies rule, they just don't make them like that anymore.

heck yeah, iv been watchen them so far, they rule!

I didn't realize it was on. I usually glom onto the Bond marathons they have on Spike so I've seen most of them. I agree they're great. I am kinda iffy on a few of the Roger Moore ones. Like View to a Kill. The whole Christopher Walken/Grace Jones thing scared me. But I think Pierce Brosnan is an excellent Bond...

I think I've seen every single one of them at least 5 times. Some more than that.

i just steal from my brothers collection, he has 90% of all the bond movies made, i have the other 10%

I love every Bond movie except for when Pierce Brosnan came in. I dunno, something just didn't click.

By the time Brosnan came aboard they were concentrating too much on the special effects instead of the good old fashion spy stuff. The character development and interaction is what makes the older films so great. Plus in the newer films Bond does not romance the ladies anymore, that sucks.

Did James ever "do" Moneypenny or did he just make her moist?

Connery Rules!

Moore was good!

As big of a Bond fan I was in my youth, I'm almost ashamed to say I haven't seen the newer ones.

Mr T

Mr T-Maxx said:
Did James ever "do" Moneypenny or did he just make her moist?
Connery Rules!
Moore was good!

I don't think Bond ever did Moneypenny, haha. I liked both Connery and Moore, but Connery played the role as a younger actor so I think he gets the nod. Its a close call, Connery was more of a tough guy while Moore was more of a ladies man.

Did you know that Moore is older than Connery? When Connery first “retired” from Bond he was replaced with an older actor.

Last edited:
I kinda like Pierce Brosnan. It seems they've started making Bond a much darker character. In "The World Is Not Enough" he just seemed downright pissed. He was just itching to cap everyone in that movie. I kinda liked it. Made him seem a bit more human. Kinda like how Tim Burton made Batman a real dark character in the first movie.

Candyman said:
I kinda like Pierce Brosnan. It seems they've started making Bond a much darker character. In "The World Is Not Enough" he just seemed downright pissed. He was just itching to cap everyone in that movie. I kinda liked it. Made him seem a bit more human. Kinda like how Tim Burton made Batman a real dark character in the first movie.

Plus he has the most beautiful eyes

Last Christmas my wife bought me EVERY single Bond movie ever made. CostCo had a three volume set. The only missing movie was Never Say Never Again, the one where Connery came back. (I already had that one) And yet, I still watch the Bond marathons when they come on Spike, and lately on AMC.

The Bond I could not stand, and he only did two, was with Timothy Dalton. Looked like a greaseball Bond. Plots were ok, just could not stand his look. Something not right.

I'm a huge Bond fan. I have tons of trivia facts in my little puny head. The whole thing, starting from day one, is a very interesting story.

I agree, Diver...I'm a little surprised how the nitro makes the mind altered?!?!?

Revo Rancher said:
The only missing movie was Never Say Never Again, the one where Connery came back.

I just watched that one tonight on AMC.

Ross, that was the only "Non-Bond" movie of the original books (so to speak).

However, it was the only Bond movie when there was a lack of other regulation Bond movies (Albert Broccoli).

I'm still stuck on Law and Order; I love watching the inconsistencies.

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew that. You can tell just by watching it.

The one thing that really bothered me on that movie was Kim Basinger. She just looked like a rag. Even her titties were saggy. I don't know what was going on in that film, real poor producing/directing.

I agree, Basinger was a pretty weak Bond girl. I really liked Jane Seymour and Barbara Bach.

Back