big block Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepdawg20

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey I put those big trencher X's on my Revo and i've played around with my gearing but haven't been to happy with my performance so I found a magazine article which came from RC Driver that had a Revo build that he put a Big Block engine in which was a os .28xz sounded like a sweet engine but wondering if this would be a good choice for my needs I too am just a basher looking for bottom end torque but would like it to scream down the road too so that's my idea now just looking for some input if anyone has done this I know he used traxxas big block kit but thinking if anyone had some suggestions on either another idea or how to make this transplant go easier i'm all ears thanks

You're better off with a Picco .26. The Maxx or Red Dot has more than enough power to do what you want without a lot of modifications.

I just did one, I used a new era bb kit and a picco .28, but I can't tell you what the difference is yet because I;m waiting on a couple parts before I can start it up. I also have the trenchers and they are very nice tires, my favorite "big" tire.

---------- Post added at 6:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:08 PM ----------

You're better off with a Picco .26. The Maxx or Red Dot has more than enough power to do what you want without a lot of modifications.

True, and I think the red dot is going in my other revo, for that reason.

The New Era lays the engine over a lot more allowing you to fit in almost any engine you want with roto start with out having to cut into the rear A-Arm to give the engine clearance. The New Era is a much better kit. i sold mine and went back to the Picco .26. I am happier with it honestly.

I'm looking at a picco .26max too. only need motor and motor mount. they said everything else can just bolt straight up (exhaust, clutch bell etc.) what about flywheel? and does the exhaust just work ok with it or what? is a new exhaust better? obviously a better clutch bell would be kinda a good idea :p

Shouldn't be any real driveline issues with the .26 except for the clutch and occasional driveshaft.
The first gear will wear out sooner than with a 3.3, but it should still last several gallons.

ok so I thought I would update everyone I have ordered a ofna picco .26 red dot motor and a Robinson racing stage three clutch with 38 tooth spur gear and 15 tooth extra hard pinion gear and revo engine mount but i'm wondering should I use my Resignator pipe or use a different pipe also I've been using traxxas 30% nitro gas should I be looking at a different brand of nitro

I would look for some fuel with less oil content, like byron's or O'donnell.
The resonator works, but you'll want a bigger, better pipe than that.

I have a picco .26 max on my revo and it is a beast. I am running a trinity pipe without the screw in insert. This is the best set up I have ever ran on any of my Revos. I run o donnells 20%. Hope this helps

I have a picco .26 max on my revo and it is a beast. I am running a trinity pipe without the screw in insert. This is the best set up I have ever ran on any of my Revos. I run o donnells 20%. Hope this helps

yea so can you give me some info on the pipe brand type ect. also i'm running the picco .26 red dot which may be a little differen't motor as far as tunning wise not sure on that opening it up for discussion let me know if you think this set up will work well with mine thanks Ryan.

Pipe for 26max

I would look for some fuel with less oil content, like byron's or O'donnell.
The resonator works, but you'll want a bigger, better pipe than that.

I have ordered a 146B from THS racing for my Picco 26, excited to see how it goes. This is the one made especially for big blocks. I kind of wanted to get just the 146 so I could use it with a 3.3 i have when I wear out the picco. I hope I made the right choice.

You'll need an adapter to hook that bb manifold up to a picco 26. Look up Frickenjoey or racer1966 in here.....they can help you get one.

Back