best controller and reciver?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOPDOGG71

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just got a super clod and a pimp cane. now i need the best controller and reciever any ideas i need one that will work with 4wheel steerin thanks!:duff:

2.4Ghz, 10 model memory...Whoo!

It's on the wall charger now, charging the TX batts.

Here's the TX. It's "cut in" more on the back side so your fingers wrap around the TX more than on the other radio I've used, the VG6000. The LCD display has navigation like that of the JR XS3, XR3, and XR2. To enter setup mode you have to push both orange switches up, hold them, and turn the radio on. Then you go into the menus and sub-menus just as with the previously mentioned JR radios.

The TX antenna is hinged and can be orientated in 3 positions, straight out as you see it, up at a 45 degree angle, and up at a 90 degree angle.

spektrumtx.jpg

Freakin' tiny RX.

The RX case is nothing more than a couple of sandwiched pieces of lexan. Nice and light.

RX Dimensions:

11.42mm tall - This is the tallest point, the servo connections. The rest of the case is 10.16mm thick.

35.56mm long - This is measured at the "seams" of the RX, where the two halves of the RX case are joined. The absolute longest length of the RX is ~40mm, and that's from the left side to the outermost portion of the case where the antenna exits.

33.29mm wide - This is the overall width including the small portion where the antenna exits. The rest of the case is ~30mm wide.

There's two RX antennae. That means that the DX6 has two "links" to the RX at all times. If, for some reason, it looses contact on one link, it'll automatically shift to the other. The RX antennae should be orientated 90 degrees to one another when installed...sort of like what you see here.

spektrumrx.jpg

I don't have the throttle on a spring return, but I think sometime this weekend I'll test it out on my brushless Matt Chapman Cap 580 Flatout.

The DX6 also includes four sub-micro servos with Spektrum labels on them, but they appear to be the same as Eflite's S75 servos.

And here is the way to do the Return to center mod.
showpost.php

can i get this in a kit if so were and how much?

I know Horizon has them for 219.99 . Check some of your local hobby stores ( if any ) and see if they can get one for you.

can i get the controller with the return spring installed?i am not good enough to do that kind of detail work!:doh:

does the 6000 have the return spring my lhs does not have the know how to install it

i dont mind spendin the money if the spektrum is worth the extra money but i can't get the return spring installed

does the 6000 have the return spring my lhs does not have the know how to install it

i dont mind spendin the money if the spektrum is worth the extra money but i can't get the return spring installed

Neither one has the return spring. You have to do that yourself. It's not hard...

picked up a ar6000 reciever today 35.00 bucks.the controller is 155.00 bucks will pick that up next week.the return spring is for the speed control? my lhs said that i didnt need a return spring he called it a ratchet? but he is a flyboy maybe they dont use them? not sure if i am ready to tackel the return thing lookes scary. but we will see! next step what are the best moters? thanks :bow:

picked up a ar6000 reciever today 35.00 bucks.the controller is 155.00 bucks will pick that up next week.the return spring is for the speed control? my lhs said that i didnt need a return spring he called it a ratchet? but he is a flyboy maybe they dont use them? not sure if i am ready to tackel the return thing lookes scary. but we will see! next step what are the best moters? thanks :bow:

here is the hot set up but this aint cheep!!

100_0500.jpg

where can i get them and how much is the goin price?

i should get the hyperion z3025-08?

thats the one for super clods right

do i need a mamba max for each moter or just 1 for both moters?

i should get the hyperion z3025-08?

thats the one for super clods right

do i need a mamba max for each moter or just 1 for both moters?

the Z3013s will break stock axles,plastic gears and i even heard of a guy spliting a plastic gear box :gulp: !! personally i can NEVER have enough power i'm building a 2.2 and am going to use the 3013s i have in my super for it and i ordered the 3025s for my super!! i run 2 mamba maxs so i have front and rear digs,also you can adjust them with your computer,(they come with a program and a UBS cord) motor timing,drag brake,punch control and more!!
if you go this way get your electronics from holmes hobbies as R2J said,you can call john if you have any problems and he will take care of you!!

i would get the DX6,you can get one from horizon hobby and they will do the mod to the raido for you.just call them and tell 'em you want it with the self centering gimble!!

thanks man! so if i get a max for each axle what bennys do i get? to be able to stop 1 moter and run on 1 to help with turns and tight spots? what else?:thumbup:

thanks man! so if i get a max for each axle what bennys do i get? to be able to stop 1 moter and run on 1 to help with turns and tight spots? what else?:thumbup:

front and rear digs are the only real bennys of 2 ESCs,well that and to impress other RC owners :LoL: !!

I thought the Mamba Max's didn't like working together with the DX6's. JHH was the one that said that.

Back