best brakes ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedticket75

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my savage has the dual brakes which is 2 metal disks & the pads........heres the problem........since i changed the mill from the stock25 to the wasp28 the brakes dont stop the truck as well (takes longer to stop even with new ones) and they wear out after about 6 tanks of fuel & the brake/servo linkage is direct, not stock (linkage has no spring or peices of fuel tubing but does have an adjustable turnbuckle)........my question is what is the best breaks for my savage & where would i get them.........i would like for the brakes to be able to slide the truck to a stop or on turning a corner at the track but not so mush it flips the thing.......any suggestions ?

Last edited:
thanks.......ill check them out

Also, you could try and run a higher torque servo.

I run a 645MG for steering and for throttle/brake. I endo with the OFNA linkage mod and stock brake disk.

I run an SH 28. I ran a OS 21 RG for about 4 gallons since I changed the brake disk and servo last.

Yea with the ofna throttle/brake mod i can get my sav X to endo with stock brake disc... also upgrade your steering servo and use the stock steering servo as a throttle servo.. makes a BIG difference.

I have had no problems with the dual disc setup on my Savage/Picco 26. I have been running it for 3 years.

the only thing still stock on my savy is the arms.......all the radio gear is jrxs3 and the servos are all high torque except for the reverse mod & its a standard servo that come with the jr radio.......I'm gona try the carbon fiber disk setup & see how well that works........the standard brake setup used to work just fine when i first got the save but doing upgrades & mods have brought the thing to weigh 14.50 lbs & need something better for the brakes......if the carbon fiber disks dont do ill try maybe a tripple disk steadin of the dual disks.........when i go to stop or use the brakes in a turn i want it to be able to power slide........thats rough on tires but it looks cool........

Well I had a Picco 26 and used the dual disk set up with a 645MG T/B servo. It did its job too well.

I am going to get a STS 28 or 30 and I will let you know how it does with the stock set up.

BTW this will be going into a Savage X

I've been running the hot bodies disk brake with the stock steering servo and it works well. It was a noticable difference when I bolted more weight on the truck though. If you don't find a solution, curbs will always slow ya down nicely!

What I did to mine was pull off the pads, and shorten the guides that the calipers rest on to allow me to set them up metal to metal. They've stopped fading and give a nicer, more gradual feel. Plus, panic stops are instananeous.

Back