Battery box required

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's possible, upload it to youtube first and then use the cut and paste from there by clicking the "share" option.
Thanks @Tunedpipe I'll try that, its RC related but not cars
Integy has a wide selection of battery trays designed for 4S packs under the brushless conversion section intended for 1/8 nitro to electric:
https://www.integy.com/st_main.html?p_catid=308
Hey would you look at those, lots of different colours
It's rather easy when you get into it. I suggest watching some YouTube vids on it. Buy if you have questions, a lot of us here have them and will be able to help.

Just make sure you plug your ESC cable into the correct port and right way around.

Bind the Tx and Rx together, then calibrate the ESC.

Then go into the radio settings and setup Model 1. There won't be much you need to change. Maybe reversing of channel two if your motor turns backwards. Then you can play with the EXP maybe, though I doubt you'll need it for your application since you'll likely want the throttle curve to be nice and straight.
Cheers, @WickedFog I have found the manual for the RC and had a play, ESC goes the right way because I set it up to go forwards only with no braking, but the throttle was reversed, I found the fix for that, but one thing remains the throttle is very sensitive off the neutral position, mid stick, I have watched video's about using the exponential function and tried it out, I currently have 40% dialed in but I am not sure that it makes much if any difference to the way the ESC gets away.

Do you think there may be something I am missing?

I notice the dual rate function, not sure if this might do the same thing? i.e. make the getaway a bit more progressive.
Otherwise I am very pleased with my new RC gear, the screen is a bit gaudy compared to my old very simple one, the lads (traditional compression engines only) down at the track are going to have a laugh at my expense of this.

And I had a quick play with RX & antenna positions, at close range no issues, hopefully will be ok at the short range I need for going around in circles.

Oh and i have checked that the failsafe works as intended.

Last edited:
Dual rate will just lower your max servo throw, or in the case of the ESC, the total throttle.

Can you show your ESC settings?

Thanks for the explanation, it seems we don’t want less throttle throw do we!
I would have to revisit the ESC to find out settings.
I ran it up yesterday evening, the mechanics run smoothly although I did notice some off load resonance in the belt at certain speeds.

I will have to experiment with belt tension should buy a spare belt or two as well.

Some final words, even at part throttle it spins fast.

Back