batteries trying to hear options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nine

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hello everyone I'm just now getting in to the electric rc world I'm just tying to find out what is the better battery brands for rc cars and rock crawlers thanks

CNHL and Ampow are great value, and if you're not in a hurry subscribe to their newsletters and see when they're on sale.

Okay thanks guys for information I will look in to some of this batties

Liperior, Liperior pro, (not liperior endurance), CNHL G+ series (not the racing series), Regular Turnigy, and SMC are some of the top performing budget LiPos.

I have tested a few lipos as sponsorships but I’ll give my honest opinion, i tryed the Ampow 2s 5200 mah, they are great for crawling plenty of power and run time, the Liperior endurance 3s is a long lasting (almost 30+ minutes in a basher and 50+ I'm a crawler) they are both great options, I have some CNHL’s coming too so I will let you know how they are

Thanks guys I have some zeee batteries on the way I also have some spectrum battles on way and some liposuction pro coming I will let you know what I come up with
Lol liposuction I meant lectron pros coming

The Liperior Endurance isn't named for long run times. It's the fact that it's a hardcase LiPo. Grey's tests on it didn't show anything that gives it longer run time. I was on the phone with him when he tested it. That name is just a bit misleading.
Thanks guys I have some zeee batteries on the way I also have some spectrum battles on way and some liposuction pro coming I will let you know what I come up with
Lol liposuction I meant lectron pros coming
The Lectron Pro's were like the worst batteries Grey has tested. Absolute crap. Send em back or cancel the order if you still can. I find it funny you came in asking for battery advice... got some great suggestions... and proceeded to buy the worst batteries you can get 🤪

The Liperior Endurance isn't named for long run times. It's the fact that it's a hardcase LiPo. Grey's tests on it didn't show anything that gives it longer run time. I was on the phone with him when he tested it. That name is just a bit misleading.

The Lectron Pro's were like the worst batteries Grey has tested. Absolute crap. Send em back or cancel the order if you still can. I find it funny you came in asking for battery advice... got some great suggestions... and proceeded to buy the worst batteries you can get 🤪
Yes, I totally agree with this, from my experience lectron pro are the worst performing batteries I used.

I guess they can perform ok in low demanding application like crawlers or light 10 scale but not in heavier power hungry 1/8 scale cars. For example in my erevo 2.0 power sag is so bad that lvc cuts after only 2400mah consumed out of 5200.

Another problem is price. I would not complain if the were priced like Amazon specials, but 52$ for 2s and 72$ for 3s that even more expensive than Traxxas batteries.

I had them on order before I asked it about it the liperior the others I just ordered

I have zee batteries and spektrum battles on way going to try them out and probably send the liperoir back when they get here sounds like
I haven't heard anything about spektrum batteries on here but have some friends that do air plan rc stuff and that is all they run so I will give them a try

I have zee batteries and spektrum battles on way going to try them out and probably send the liperoir back when they get here sounds like
I haven't heard anything about spektrum batteries on here but have some friends that do air plan rc stuff and that is all they run so I will give them a try
Did you buy Liperior, or Lectron batteries? Because they are at opposite ends of the quality spectrum. Liperior is good. Lectron bad. Zeee and Spektrum batteries aren't that great either.

Zeee batts are not the best, but they are def good budget batteries. I have a bunch of them with no issues at all with them.

ya zee batts are pretty cheap so we will see what other batts do you run smilinbri

I've mentioned before, I use Zeee batteries, their run time last long than my run time.

ya zee batts are pretty cheap so we will see what other batts do you run smilinbri
I stocked up on Zeees when I got into the hobby FT last year. I don't race or speed run, so they work for me and my budget.

I do have a couple Power Hobby ones and a couple CNHLs, but those things are huge. Not really a fan of their size.

I will be trying out some SMCs and Oynx my next batt purchase.

You can buy a 3S Liperior battery for about the same price as a 3S Zeee pack. $27 vs $25. The Liperior packs ranks #9 out of 57 LiPos tested, the Zeee ranks #50 out of 57. Spektrum ranked #23 but costs $70 for a 3S pack. Lectron Pro ranked #56 out of 57.