Batteries for going back after a bash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi has anyone any suggestions for a couple of batteries I could use for my XMaxx 8s that I could use after I have run down my 2 Power Power Cell LiPo 6700mAh 14.8V 4S 25C ID just to get my Xmaxx back to the car/home instead of having to carry it back. I would prefer batteries that are compatible with my EZ-Peak Live Duo charger 200W nimh / LiPo with iD Auto Bat EU so as not to have to mess about with adaptors etc. They are purely for getting the car back so speed is not really an issue. Maybe running for 10 or 15 minutes? I hope the above makes sense and not a stupid question. Many thanks for any help.

I get the having to carry your rigs back to the car so most folks use a dog leash of some kind. They can get pretty heavy especially when you are out in the middle of the sand dunes like I end up. I use one and it helps a lot.
Just to have a couple of extra batteries for getting back to your car is adding more weight you have to pack, not to mention more wear and tear on batteries just to use them for the trip back to your car. Try a leash of some kind, they work great..

I get the having to carry your rigs back to the car so most folks use a dog leash of some kind. They can get pretty heavy especially when you are out in the middle of the sand dunes like I end up. I use one and it helps a lot.
Just to have a couple of extra batteries for getting back to your car is adding more weight you have to pack, not to mention more wear and tear on batteries just to use them for the trip back to your car. Try a leash of some kind, they work great..
OK many thanks for your suggestion, something I had not thought of. Look after yourself :thumbs-up:

To be honest with you, if I carried two extra batteries I would use them to bash and not waste them on the trip back home....;) Have fun and stay safe...

Yes you are right, it is a waste of a couple of batteries, just waiting (hopefully next week :hyperbuggy: ) when I receive all the extras, batteries and charger to go out and about, training mode at first:thumbs-up: and then I will drag it back to the car on your suggested leash. ?

Very cool, have fun with it. That's the beauty of the hobby, there is a million different ways you can go with it.

Just an fyi, the traxxas ID connector will accept the older traxxas connector and your charger should have ports on it for normal balancing cables. I didn't have the 200A one, but I had the old dual ID 2x8A (I think, ez-peak dual) charger and it had little covers over the balance plugs on the front of it.

Just mentioning that so you can buy/use cheaper batteries in general. I've been running some liperior packs the past couple bash sessions and so far, they are great. I run 2x3S 5000mah 45C and 65C. They are super cheap.

Couple of these and some "trx" plugs would be cheaper than one traxxas pack, and likely perform better (was looking at the trx 6700mah 4s pack):
https://rcbattery.com/liperior-6000mah-4s-65c-14-8v-lipo-battery-with-xt90-plug.html
https://www.amazon.com/Padarsey-Traxxas-Brushless-Battery-Connector/dp/B07VGDS7R2

CNHL are pretty good too for the money.

Last edited:
Back